Security Script Questions

  • LDSMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2000
      Hey everyone I'm looking for a script that has to do with security. Here is
      what I want it to do....

      I have all my code protected...meaning the users can't right click to get my
      source... and I've eliminated the address and toolbars so they can't use
      type in the url they will be able to "View Source" From their toolbar. I
      want it to be so that the user CANNOT access my site UNLESS they come from a
      certain site which links them to my site without the tool bars.
      Example...right now my main page is...
      www.light2freedom.com...there is a link on there to my actual website with
      all the information...the link also creates a window without tool bars and
      without an address bar..I want it that way....NOW if the user just finds out
      the url of my info page they can just go an open up another browser widow
      WITH the address and tool bars and just view my souce code there...how do I
      prevent this from happening??? Is there ANYWAY using Java Script or anything
      else that I can prevent someone from accessing that specific page directly?
      I just want people to access it FROM THE LINK ONLY.... If anyone understands
      what I'm asking could you please email me at LDSMusic@... with any
      suggestions?!?!

      Thanks so Much
      Freedom Designing Webmaster, Jeff L.
    • Bobby
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2000
        Hey Jeff,

        There is no way you can keep people out of your code that is loaded into the browser.

        Advanced geeks can always get into any code you show in/on the source of your webpage. Because there is something called cache, which us geeks can use to tap into the code after it is loaded into our hdd. Therefore anything that is loaded on their browser ends up in their cache.

        PS.. I visited your webpage in Netscape, and got an error from your javascript. Nothing was working right for me. You need to make your webpages cross browser, so Netscape users may view your webpage. :-)

        Hope this helps!
        -Bobby

        --- <123javascripts@onelist.com> wrote:
        >From: LDSMUSIC@...
        >
        >Hey everyone I'm looking for a script that has to do with security. Here is
        >what I want it to do....
        >
        >I have all my code protected...meaning the users can't right click to get my
        >source... and I've eliminated the address and toolbars so they can't use
        >type in the url they will be able to "View Source" From their toolbar. I
        >want it to be so that the user CANNOT access my site UNLESS they come from a
        >certain site which links them to my site without the tool bars.
        >Example...right now my main page is...
        >www.light2freedom.com...there is a link on there to my actual website with
        >all the information...the link also creates a window without tool bars and
        >without an address bar..I want it that way....NOW if the user just finds out
        >the url of my info page they can just go an open up another browser widow
        >WITH the address and tool bars and just view my souce code there...how do I
        >prevent this from happening??? Is there ANYWAY using Java Script or anything
        >else that I can prevent someone from accessing that specific page directly?
        >I just want people to access it FROM THE LINK ONLY.... If anyone understands
        >what I'm asking could you please email me at LDSMusic@... with any
        >suggestions?!?!
        >
        >Thanks so Much
        >Freedom Designing Webmaster, Jeff L.

        >Was the salesman clueless? Productopia has the answers.

        >your questions, comments, tips, and tricks to
        >123javascripts@onelist.com

        > http://www.javascriptsite.com/

        -- Chat, Boards & Email Powered by Everyone.net --