targeting forms

  • Paul Sestito
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      Using the following script within a framed page to construct a URL
      via several dropdown boxes. I would like the resulting page to load
      target="_top". I have set the target on the form to target="_top"
      and also tried adding the target property to the script to no avail.

      any suggestion would be appreciated.

      thanks in advance.

      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
      <!--

      function doSearch(theForm,template,category_new)
      {
      var city =
      theForm.elements['city'][theForm.elements
      ['city'].selectedIndex].value;

      var url = "http://"+city+".testdomain.com.au";
      location.href=url;

      var city =
      theForm.elements['city'][theForm.elements
      ['city'].selectedIndex].value;
      var category =escape(theForm.elements['category_new']
      [theForm.elements['category_new'].selectedIndex].value);

      if(!template)
      {
      var template = theForm.elements['_template'].value;
      }
      var category_new = escape(theForm.elements
      ['category_new'].value);
      var url="http://"+city+".testdomain.com.au/page/gen?
      _template="+template+"&keywords="+category;
      location.href=url;
      }

      //-->
      </SCRIPT>

      <form action="(Empty Reference!)" method="GET" target="_top"
      name="act" onSubmit="doSearch(this); return false;" class="widget">