Om track - was Re: availability

  • hefelump2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 22, 2003
      > --- jimmyc22000 <jimmyc22000@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been
      > > interested in the
      > > scale for some time. My question is; does anyone
      > > know of any dealers
      > > who have any Alpin line in stock? My main concern is
      > > more in the
      > > availability of track then of locos and rolling
      > > stock. Sooner or
      > > later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the
      > > later, it is the
      > > continued availability of the track pieces that
      > > worries me. I should
      > > add that much of my interest in Om comes from its'
      > > ability to model
      > > rack railways.

      Hi,

      I might be on the wrong track here, but waht is the exact track
      standard used for Om? I'd always assumed that since the scale was
      half the size of "G", (ie 1:45 vs 1:22.5), the track was in the same
      vein, ie 7/8Th inch gauge, or "S" (G runs on gauge "1", 1 3/4in,
      which is actually only approximately 45mm).

      If so, RTR "S" gauge track is available - at a price - in the US for
      standard gauge outline in all the formations you could reasonably
      want. Its also big enough to be fairly easy to hand lay as long as
      you're build a permanent formation on a solid base. I don't know if
      anyone does a RTR wide-sleepered version to suit Om (or the US
      equivalent - On3.5 should run on 7/8th track by my reckoning, US "O"
      being 1:48), but it doesn't seem totally unlikely.

      Doesn't get you over the problem of fitting rack though.

      Rgds,

      Jonathan
    • william cole
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2003
        I've got track for sale, what are y'all looking for?
        Bc

        --- hefelump2000 <jonathan@...>
        wrote:

        > > --- jimmyc22000 <jimmyc22000@y...> wrote:
        > > > Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been
        > > > interested in the
        > > > scale for some time. My question is; does anyone
        > > > know of any dealers
        > > > who have any Alpin line in stock? My main
        > concern is
        > > > more in the
        > > > availability of track then of locos and rolling
        > > > stock. Sooner or
        > > > later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the
        > > > later, it is the
        > > > continued availability of the track pieces that
        > > > worries me. I should
        > > > add that much of my interest in Om comes from
        > its'
        > > > ability to model
        > > > rack railways.
        > > >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I might be on the wrong track here, but waht is the
        > exact track
        > standard used for Om? I'd always assumed that since
        > the scale was
        > half the size of "G", (ie 1:45 vs 1:22.5), the track
        > was in the same
        > vein, ie 7/8Th inch gauge, or "S" (G runs on gauge
        > "1", 1 3/4in,
        > which is actually only approximately 45mm).
        >
        > If so, RTR "S" gauge track is available - at a price
        > - in the US for
        > standard gauge outline in all the formations you
        > could reasonably
        > want. Its also big enough to be fairly easy to hand
        > lay as long as
        > you're build a permanent formation on a solid base.
        > I don't know if
        > anyone does a RTR wide-sleepered version to suit Om
        > (or the US
        > equivalent - On3.5 should run on 7/8th track by my
        > reckoning, US "O"
        > being 1:48), but it doesn't seem totally unlikely.
        >
        > Doesn't get you over the problem of fitting rack
        > though.
        >
        > Rgds,
        >
        > Jonathan

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • jimmyc22000
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
          There seeems no production in productin for the alpine line. is thee
          a co. outbusiness? THE US DEALEAR SEEMS TO NOT HANDLING.THEY
          CLAIM EVERY THING IS IN EUROPPE THE UK DEALER SEES NO TO BE
          REACHABLE.I HAVE TRYING FOR TO GET EQUIPMENT FOE DECADES.IS THERE ANY
          AVAILABLE?is this line still existanc. would die with locao, track,
          and coach, or something kin. is this request possssible?Again could
          this co be totally fake. or is this problem with due in miami? it
          seems that this is a very bad way to run business.
        • JOHN
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
            I have ordered directly from Alpinline. I can not find new items
            available in the USA.

            Web page
            http://www.alpinline.com/2020/26401.html

            Their new issue of the Glacier Express is beautiful and I guess very
            very expensive, especially with the added problem of the US dollar.

            Happy New Year and may we all have great year of playing with our Swiss
            Om trains.

            Regards,

            John
          • Hubert Wetekamp
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
              Hello,

              as far as I know, they are still in business and have announced last
              month the possible new models for 2008.

              Check out their website under <http://www.alpinline.com> .

              This is partly in english, and they list under Vertrieb/Shop the
              dealers, who distribute AlpinLine, sorted by country.

              Also, under links their are some more shops, who carry AlpinLine.

              Greetings from Germany

              Hubert The Goose