availability

  • jimmyc22000
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2002
      Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been interested in the
      scale for some time. My question is; does anyone know of any dealers
      who have any Alpin line in stock? My main concern is more in the
      availability of track then of locos and rolling stock. Sooner or
      later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the later, it is the
      continued availability of the track pieces that worries me. I should
      add that much of my interest in Om comes from its' ability to model
      rack railways.
    • william cole
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2002
        Not that I know of.
        Recently Roco has been taken over by one of its'
        employees, however, previous contact with them has
        shown no interest in reviving this line of trains.
        Track shows up from time to time on e-bay (search the
        following: Roco, Roco Om, Roco om, roco, roco om,
        kiss, utz, fama). Also there are a few stores on-line
        that show track products in their inventory. Whether
        these are up to date is not known by me.
        You may want to check out the RhB group to see if
        anyone there can help.
        Best of luck,
        Bill Cole

        --- jimmyc22000 <jimmyc22000@...> wrote:
        > Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been
        > interested in the
        > scale for some time. My question is; does anyone
        > know of any dealers
        > who have any Alpin line in stock? My main concern is
        > more in the
        > availability of track then of locos and rolling
        > stock. Sooner or
        > later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the
        > later, it is the
        > continued availability of the track pieces that
        > worries me. I should
        > add that much of my interest in Om comes from its'
        > ability to model
        > rack railways.

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • william cole
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2002
          There is a starter set on e-bay and one for sale in
          the TCA magazine. Were you interested in getting
          started in a big way, or just a little bit at a time?
          I'm from southeastern Pennsylvania
          Bill

          --- jimmyc22000 <jimmyc22000@...> wrote:
          > Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been
          > interested in the
          > scale for some time. My question is; does anyone
          > know of any dealers
          > who have any Alpin line in stock? My main concern is
          > more in the
          > availability of track then of locos and rolling
          > stock. Sooner or
          > later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the
          > later, it is the
          > continued availability of the track pieces that
          > worries me. I should
          > add that much of my interest in Om comes from its'
          > ability to model
          > rack railways.

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • hefelump2000
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 22, 2003
            > --- jimmyc22000 <jimmyc22000@y...> wrote:
            > > Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been
            > > interested in the
            > > scale for some time. My question is; does anyone
            > > know of any dealers
            > > who have any Alpin line in stock? My main concern is
            > > more in the
            > > availability of track then of locos and rolling
            > > stock. Sooner or
            > > later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the
            > > later, it is the
            > > continued availability of the track pieces that
            > > worries me. I should
            > > add that much of my interest in Om comes from its'
            > > ability to model
            > > rack railways.

            Hi,

            I might be on the wrong track here, but waht is the exact track
            standard used for Om? I'd always assumed that since the scale was
            half the size of "G", (ie 1:45 vs 1:22.5), the track was in the same
            vein, ie 7/8Th inch gauge, or "S" (G runs on gauge "1", 1 3/4in,
            which is actually only approximately 45mm).

            If so, RTR "S" gauge track is available - at a price - in the US for
            standard gauge outline in all the formations you could reasonably
            want. Its also big enough to be fairly easy to hand lay as long as
            you're build a permanent formation on a solid base. I don't know if
            anyone does a RTR wide-sleepered version to suit Om (or the US
            equivalent - On3.5 should run on 7/8th track by my reckoning, US "O"
            being 1:48), but it doesn't seem totally unlikely.

            Doesn't get you over the problem of fitting rack though.

            Rgds,

            Jonathan
          • william cole
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 22, 2003
              I've got track for sale, what are y'all looking for?
              Bc

              --- hefelump2000 <jonathan@...>
              wrote:

              > > --- jimmyc22000 <jimmyc22000@y...> wrote:
              > > > Hello, I don't own any Om models but I have been
              > > > interested in the
              > > > scale for some time. My question is; does anyone
              > > > know of any dealers
              > > > who have any Alpin line in stock? My main
              > concern is
              > > > more in the
              > > > availability of track then of locos and rolling
              > > > stock. Sooner or
              > > > later, I suspect,I could find what I want of the
              > > > later, it is the
              > > > continued availability of the track pieces that
              > > > worries me. I should
              > > > add that much of my interest in Om comes from
              > its'
              > > > ability to model
              > > > rack railways.
              > > >

              > Hi,
              >
              > I might be on the wrong track here, but waht is the
              > exact track
              > standard used for Om? I'd always assumed that since
              > the scale was
              > half the size of "G", (ie 1:45 vs 1:22.5), the track
              > was in the same
              > vein, ie 7/8Th inch gauge, or "S" (G runs on gauge
              > "1", 1 3/4in,
              > which is actually only approximately 45mm).
              >
              > If so, RTR "S" gauge track is available - at a price
              > - in the US for
              > standard gauge outline in all the formations you
              > could reasonably
              > want. Its also big enough to be fairly easy to hand
              > lay as long as
              > you're build a permanent formation on a solid base.
              > I don't know if
              > anyone does a RTR wide-sleepered version to suit Om
              > (or the US
              > equivalent - On3.5 should run on 7/8th track by my
              > reckoning, US "O"
              > being 1:48), but it doesn't seem totally unlikely.
              >
              > Doesn't get you over the problem of fitting rack
              > though.
              >
              > Rgds,
              >
              > Jonathan

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • jimmyc22000
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
                There seeems no production in productin for the alpine line. is thee
                a co. outbusiness? THE US DEALEAR SEEMS TO NOT HANDLING.THEY
                CLAIM EVERY THING IS IN EUROPPE THE UK DEALER SEES NO TO BE
                REACHABLE.I HAVE TRYING FOR TO GET EQUIPMENT FOE DECADES.IS THERE ANY
                AVAILABLE?is this line still existanc. would die with locao, track,
                and coach, or something kin. is this request possssible?Again could
                this co be totally fake. or is this problem with due in miami? it
                seems that this is a very bad way to run business.
              • JOHN
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
                  I have ordered directly from Alpinline. I can not find new items
                  available in the USA.

                  Web page
                  http://www.alpinline.com/2020/26401.html

                  Their new issue of the Glacier Express is beautiful and I guess very
                  very expensive, especially with the added problem of the US dollar.

                  Happy New Year and may we all have great year of playing with our Swiss
                  Om trains.

                  Regards,

                  John
                • Hubert Wetekamp
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
                    Hello,

                    as far as I know, they are still in business and have announced last
                    month the possible new models for 2008.

                    Check out their website under <http://www.alpinline.com> .

                    This is partly in english, and they list under Vertrieb/Shop the
                    dealers, who distribute AlpinLine, sorted by country.

                    Also, under links their are some more shops, who carry AlpinLine.

                    Greetings from Germany

                    Hubert The Goose