Teach Your Monster to Read FREE online reading game

  • Dee
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2013
      Reading, phonics
      Teach Your Monster to Read
      http://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
      This is a fun reading game for beginner readers (although, even some of my older children like to play as well). The child creates his/her own monster, then starts by learning the sounds of some letters. As they progress with about 3 letters, they then learn how to blend the letters into a word.
      There are levels and you can print out achievement certificates. You can also print out the child's monster. I was able to sign up as a group (Johnson's Homeschool) and add my children to it. I don't know if there is a limit, but I was able to sign up 5 of my children, and I also signed up me as well for a test (momtest, lol). I wanted to test it and play it to see if I thought my kids would like it enough to actually use it. My 5 yr old (boy) asks to play it every day. My (just turned) 8 yr old (girl) has already gone through the first level and we printed out the achievement certificate for her (she insisted, lol).
      There is a trailer for you to watch on the website. It can explain it better than I can. The only drawback I can see is that the narrator has an English accent. It doesn't bother me, but some mothers or children may not like it. It's not a super heavy accent though, we can still understand what they are saying just fine.
      I rate this game 5 stars *****! My kids love it and are learning. Win/Win!