New to homeschooling

  • Jodi
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 31, 2008
      Hi,

      I want to introduce myself. I am Jodi. I am a 23 year old mother of
      3. I have been married almost 10 years this July. I reside with my
      family in Georgia.(Metro Atlanta)
      I am very apprehensive about me homeschooling the kids. I will be
      homeschooling my 3 children and my niece. So I will have 4 of them,
      from K-5 to 4th grade. I have been reading tons of books, online
      research and several other things. I am still very nervous about it.
      The only choice I have is homeschooling with free resources. Things of
      course are not going so well with the economy and it is hurting us. I
      have also heard that not all packaged curriculum is the best way to go.
      Anyway, I have withdrawn my children from school and I am now
      sitting here with the Declaration of Intent filled out ready to be
      sent off.
      I am right now in need of support. My worse hang up right now is
      making a curriculum for all of these children with all of these
      different grade levels. How do I begin? They all need reading,
      language arts, math, social studies and science. I would really
      appreciate any advice. Thank you so very much.

      Jodi :o)
    • D. Kozarovich
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 20, 2009
        Do you have any tips or websites for homeschooling for high school?

        I found the book Senior High: A Home-Designed Form+U+la by Barbara Edti Shelton to be a wonderful resource in writing up my son's woodworking credits during his high school years.

        Donna