RE: [hs reviews] Homeschooling forms

  • Kelly Kellett
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
      HOMESCHOOLING FORMS
      Forms for getting organized with homeschooling:

      Homeschooling Forms E Cards
      http://acecatalog.com/cards
      link looks good

      Certificate Templates
      http://acecatalog.com/certificatetemplates
      This is to print the names and award info onto
      templates that you've purchased from this company.

      Teacher Forms
      http://highland.hitcho.com.au/teacherforms.htm
      Nice organizational forms. Helps keep track of calendar,
      grades, goals. All those things we don't want to forget.

      Home School Tracker
      http://tghomesoft.com
      I used Home School Tracker's free version in 2004. It was very good. It kept attendance records and a grade book for each of my 4 children. I especially liked the recurring assignment feature for those subject where they do a page-a-day or a chapter-a-week, etc.

      Weekly menu planner
      http://thehomeschoolmom.com/gettingorganized/planner.php
      nice. I registered.

      --Kelly Kellett

    • Dawn Peterson
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2008
        Thank you LauraMaery, for the wonderful links. All worked
        wonderfully and are very useful! Please keep them coming!

        Kind regards,

        Dawn P. (Charlotte, NC)
      • it's me, corey
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2008
          Here are my reviews of the ones I liked:

          Certificate Templates
          http://acecatalog.com/certificatetemplates
          These certificates are very colorful and professional looking

          Teacher Forms
          http://highland.hitcho.com.au/teacherforms.htm
          Nice forms for printing out--attendance, daily chores, weekly homework, etc.

          Home School Tracker
          http://tghomesoft.com
          Nice free version of computerized tracking of homeschooling--attendance, books read, field trips, journal

          Weekly menu planner
          http://thehomeschoolmom.com/gettingorganized/planner.php
          I have used this one when i feel the need to print out our week's agenda if it doesn't fit into my planner. i use the one that just has the week and a "to do" list printed on the side

          --corey :)
          7 prayless days equals 1 weak
        • homeeducationforlife
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2008
            My 10 cents.....

            > ------------
            > HOMESCHOOLING FORMS (unreviewed)
            > Today's contribution: Forms for getting organized with homeschooling:
            >
            > Homeschooling Forms E Cards
            > http://acecatalog.com/cards

            Only 6 cards.  Not worth a mention.

            > Certificate Templates
            > http://acecatalog.com/certificatetemplates

            Fabulous range of certificates.  BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM FIRST.

            This site is only for the layout options (templates) for the
            certificates that you can print onto once you have purchased them!!!

            > Teacher Forms
            > http://highland.hitcho.com.au/teacherforms.htm

            Good. Very very similar to Gayle Graham's "How to Homeschool"
            worksheet templates at the back of her book.

            > Home School Tracker
            > http://tghomesoft.com

            Love love love the idea of this software - has been in my bookmarks
            for a long time BUT it does not run on my operating system, and I
            refuse to go back to windows.  I even once asked my husband whether he
            would programme one for me - it hasn't happened yet.

            > Weekly menu planner
            > http://thehomeschoolmom.com/gettingorganized/planner.php

            This may well be a rich resource site but it does nothing for me at
            first glance.  I am not drawn to go looking for what they do better
            than anywhere else.  It would fit into the general organisation
            category though rather than homeschool per se.

            --"homeeducationforlife
          • Pounders Beach Rentals
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
              FORMS
              Home School Tracker
              http://tghomesoft.com

              This is the only one I have used. I love it! It really keeps me on track.

              I can plan ahead, or just enter items as we do them. But this way I can tell at a glance where my program is weak, how much time we spend each day, and even keep track of what resources I have and how many books we have read.

              --Melanie
              Vacationing in Hawaii? Come and stay with us!
              Pounders Beach Rentals
              http://www.poundersbeachrentals.com