Mindsprinting and Spelling Resource

  • iamjbmcg
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2008
      > MindSprinting
      > http://www.mindsprinting.com/msfree

      I have not posted before, but I have to agree with Laurie. I found this website about two weeks ago and even though I am homeschooling only one of my four children, I have assessed all my children with both the math and reading aspects of MindSprinting.com. It was quite accurate. And once you get a chance to work around the site a little while, it is quite easy to use.

      Another free site that is pretty good is:

      SPELLING
      http://spellingcity.com
      From the site's FAQs: "SpellingCity is a new and innovative interactive educational site that can help children of all ages improve their spelling skills and expand their vocabulary. It can also be used by teachers and parents to teach their students how to spell properly with their own spelling lists. Here are just a few of the many features SpellingCity offers:
      - contains over 35,000 words, including plurals, contractions, 3rd person tenses, and more
      - uses a REAL human voice that says both the word and the word in a sentence
      - 'Teach Me' function that spells out a word
      - teachers and parents can enter their very own spelling lists to test their students/children on
      - students can play games with the words they enter or with their teacher’s spelling lists
      - and many, many more"

      Have a great day!!!

      --Judy Beth