Re: [hs reviews] I wont to homeschool my 8 th daughter but have no clue if i can do it HELP !

  • aimee mcandrew
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 6 4:53 PM
      I don't agree 100% w/ their christian beliefs either-
      I do not use the bible course they offer and when
      there is certain parts in the books that ask the kids
      to read in their Bibles we use ours and discuss things
      based on what we believe--if it is something that I
      find that is way off the mark from what I believe- we
      skip it and I make a plan based on something from our
      beliefs. I am not using Alpha omega for High school
      because I have been told that they get deep into the
      Trinty- and I do not believe in that, so I have
      decided to use a differnt program. My mother, being of
      the same faith I am, still used them, just crossed out
      all things that did not go along w/ our beliefs and
      had my younger brother do the other work- she spoke w/
      the school and they had no problem with my mother
      subsituting the reading with reading of our faith.
      Being that my son is doing so well w/ them I may do
      what my mom did, but I did change up for my
      daughter-she wanted different electives. So we will
      see.

      Lisa- I didn't get to look for that book. My dad is in
      the hospital unexpectedly and I will try again another
      day. But please start w/ Teaching the Tiger for the
      ADHD, it was such a big help for me.
      Again sorry I didn't get that done for you!

      Aimee
    • Renee Olsen
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 7 9:38 PM
        > when
        > there is certain parts in the books that ask the kids
        > to read in their Bibles we use ours and discuss things
        > based on what we believe

        Thank you Lisa thanks for your response. I remembered the religious stuff being thru all the subjects but couldn't remember how in detail. I may look into it for my 2nd grader and see...possibly my 5th grader.

        blessed be

        -- Renee
        A Southern Touch FURtography
        www.astfurtography.com