Re: [hs reviews] Better way to access Yahoo Groups

  • Alexia
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2007
      No we don't have incentives! lol I just really like the fact that all
      my 'daily digests' come in one email! Thats the only reason I invited
      more people....cuz it really did work for me! You have to be carefull
      though to not switch your email completly.......I don't know how to
      explain it! Maybe someone else can better! Someone was commenting on
      the fact that they ask for your yahoo password. I haven't had a
      problem so far! & I'm assuming they request your password because all
      your messages go to grouply...then come to you in one email from
      Grouply! Did that make sence?
      Blessings, Alexia

      --- In 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia Bayer"
      <alicia.bayer@...> wrote:

      > Just wondering if there was an incentive to sign people up. I've
      noticed
      > lots of recommendations lately with ID numbers at the end of the
      link.
      > Thanks.
      >
      > On Dec 20, 2007 11:26 PM, Alexia Acha <alexiamiguel@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > You might have seen this on another loop, but I thought it
      > > bears repeating! You can use this
      > > link to sign up:
      > > http://www.grouply.com/register.php?r=10250 .
      >

      > --
      > Alicia
      >
      > A Magical Childhood
      > http://www.magicalchildhood.com

      > - Albert Einstein

    • shannon swift
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
        When I first saw the orginal email. I though I'd wait to see what other posts came through about it. I have no problem acessing my groups. I let yahoo messenger log into mail for me...then i click yahoo home, then groups...Ta Da! I'm there. joining yet another site just to access yahoo groups didnt make much sense to me. Plus i get all groups emailed to my yahoo email. yet again..easy access.
        my 2 cents :)
        Shannon

        Desi <dsohn@...> wrote:
        I don't like that it's asking for my yahoo password. Or am I
        misunderstanding what it's asking for?
        Desi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
          I think the more info people have on this *Before* they join the
          better. And while we can't chat about it, we can relate pro and con
          experiences.
          Someone on another one of my groups had her yahoo account 'hi-
          jacked', and she was trying to figure out how it might have happened.
          The first question she was asked, by more than one member, was
          whether she has signed up for this "grouply"........
          I found it very interesting that they asked about this.
          But I don't have any more info at this time.

          I do know that *I* will NOT be signing up, it is just not worth the
          risk. I would not sign up for any service that required me to give my
          password for ANY account.

          Cheri

          --- In 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com, shannon swift
          <swiftfml@...> wrote:

          > When I first saw the orginal email. I though I'd wait to see what
          other posts came through about it. I have no problem acessing my
          groups. I let yahoo messenger log into mail for me...then i click
          yahoo home, then groups...Ta Da! I'm there. joining yet another
          site just to access yahoo groups didnt make much sense to me. Plus
          i get all groups emailed to my yahoo email. yet again..easy access.
          > my 2 cents :)
          > Shannon
          >
          > Desi <dsohn@...> wrote:
          > I don't like that it's asking for my yahoo password. Or am I
          > misunderstanding what it's asking for?
          > Desi

        • Carmen Threatt
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
            Does anyone have Switch on Schoolhouse they would like to get rid of? 3rd, 4th and 11th are what I need. I also need Saxon Math K and any Lifepacs for K, 3rd,4th, 9th and 11th.

            I am in a pickle financially and I can possible barter materials or something.

            I would also like some info about African American History and Bible History from a Christian perspective if anyone has anything.

            Thanks
            Kim

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
              Kim,
              here is a group where you can request these items:

              Memmbers can tell about items they don't need anymore, or ask about
              items they do need.
              Everything is 'freecycle' there. :o)
              You can also ask about the other info you were wanting over there, or
              post info that you find.
              It is similar to this group. only you can ask for items as well as
              info, and its a little more relaxed (yay, LOL). Plus they have a
              sister group where members can chat!! :o)

              HTH, Cheri

              --- In 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com, Carmen Threatt
              <nofearpsalm91@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have Switch on Schoolhouse they would like to get rid
              of? 3rd, 4th and 11th are what I need. I also need Saxon Math K and
              any Lifepacs for K, 3rd,4th, 9th and 11th.

              > I am in a pickle financially and I can possible barter materials or
              something.

              > I would also like some info about African American History and
              Bible History from a Christian perspective if anyone has anything.

              > Thanks
              > Kim

            • love2stuff
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
                This should be done privately, if you can, Please, ladies. Just email each other off the group.
                Thank you, Cheri

                --- In 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com, Carmen Threatt
                <nofearpsalm91@...> wrote:

                I have the 4th grade LifePac if you're interested. Were you
                interested in purchasing them, or what do you have that you might
                trade? If I sell it, I'd like to get $20.oo plus the cost of
                shipping. The box includes the teacher manual and all 10 LifePacs.
                There may be some use in the first one or two LifePacs, but I would
                erase any of that before mailing. Let me know if you want to discuss
                this further.