Re:Now What?????

  • Stephanie & Keith Gabinet-Bethoulle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      After using Teaching Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, we also used Bob books (actually I think we used them in conjunction with TYCTR...), beginning readers and Explode the Code. However, I HIGHLY recommend finding a teachers store where you can look through the books FIRST. We ended up starting with book 3, as books 1 and 2 were way beyond too easy. Also pick up the teachers guide which will cover 2 of the workbooks (I.e. books 1 & 2 or books 3 & 4). Both the teachers book and workbook are about $8 each. I have also had Spelling Workout recommended, so you might want to check out your options in the Spelling section, and of course have level ready books to read available. Now I'm Reading Beginning Readers are also good.
      I hope that helps. Best of luck and congrats on your new reader!