Re: [hs reviews] Digest Number 130

  • angelique34@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Beth you really don't need books or anything like that. I use alot of
      hand made mult. Also for math take her shopping with you and have her
      put 6 apples in a bag or 4 oranges. It works really good. I give my
      son a coupon and he has to find that item in the store. He does about
      10 each time we go.
      I also have him count out change for candy or whatever he buys. I have
      four sons and have never used a curriculum for any of them untill this
      year my son is in 7th and doing 9th grade work.
      My five yr old can read and count and add sub. Never using a workboook.
      Children also like puzzles. ABC's work well to teach the abcs.....
      STate puzzles a globe and a geo book has taugh all four of my kids
      geography.
      I like hands on and use the core knowledge as a guide. Your school may
      have a scope and seq. for free. Our school offered everyone who wanted
      them one. That is how I taught my kids by using that as a guide.
      WE also buy clearence products and building things for about 1.00
      Well hope this alll helps and good luck....angel

      Love the Lord with all you heart and with all your soul.......