Re: [hs reviews] Typing Lessons

  • Mark and Rachel Krotzer
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2006
      Here are a few we use.
      http://www.quazart.org/newtyping/
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/
      http://www.learn2type.com/

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: dylkayem
      To: 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:37 PM
      Subject: [hs reviews] Typing Lessons

      Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a great homeschooling year. I am
      trying to find a free or cheap typing program for my 5th grader. Any
      ideas?

      Thanks,
      Julie

    • feyerfamhs
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2006
        TYPING
        <http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing>
        I looked at this one when it was posted on another hs group. It might
        be a little "cute", but worth a look.

        Today's link is for a Free Online Typing Program for ages 7-11. It
        combines lots of fun with learning. Here's the link:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing

        Stefanie
      • Kathleen keene
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2006
          Hello Julie!
          We got a Spongebob Typing program through our library, and our son learned to type pretty well in just a few lessons. Usually ou can keep software for a few weeks. Otherwise there are online typing lessons through www.freeonlinetypinggames.com/ Just google "free typing games"
          take care!
          Kathleen

        • angela banister
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 25, 2006
            >I am trying to find a free or cheap typing program for my 5th grader.
            >Any ideas?

            I am not sure how much it cost, but my children LOVE the "Write Out Loud" program. I got mine for free from the local public school office. I hope you find something.

            --A. Banister
          • mcintyrehs@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
              RE: Sponge Bob Typing

              I, too, have a 5th grader who has been using this program for 3 years. She now types 49 wpm.

              FYI, lorrie mc
            • james edwards
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
                > I am trying to find a free or cheap typing program
                > for my 5th grader.

                My daughter uses a free internet site. It is
                <http://www.quazart.org>.

                --vern39183