Re: [hs reviews] Kdgn - Gr 1 math learning

  • virginia crosby
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2006
      http://www.happychild.org.uk/wks/math/key1/add/set01/page0001.htm

      feebies and it comes in diff languages too also this is just set 1 of many
      sets of additon sets and subtraction sets
      take a few and browse the site..highly recommended site
      ginny

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 25, 2006
        Linda,
        I was having trouble with my daughter for 3 years and this site was
        the answer to my prayers. If you cannot find the info you need on the
        site, ask your question to them directly, and they usually answer within
        24 hours.

        http://mathforum.org/t2t/

        Good Luck,
        Colleen

        lvisser67 wrote:

        >Dear List members,
        >
        >I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
        >adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math....
        >
        >Thank you in advance for any assistance.
        >
        >Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada

      • Kaiya
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 11, 2006
          MATH
          MEP Maths
          <http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mep/default.htm>
          Try MEP maths (it's now mentioned on the happychild site too)- it's a
          comprehensive free math curriculum that covers all school years and
          available as pdf files you can print off. There are a few passworded
          sections - the test ones, but home - educators in UK have been able to
          obtain them.
          Go to
          http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mep/default.htm
          and scroll down to the primary section

          Hope this helps
          Kaiya

          > > Dear List members,
          > >
          > > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
          > > adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
          > > Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at
          the beginning.
        • Janet Pilapil
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 29, 2006
            Dear List members,

            I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to help
            my 9 year old daughter for her math drills for grade
            3.

            Hope you could recommend some great sites for me.

            Sincerely Janet Pilapil

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • virginia crosby
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
              MATH
              EdHelper
              <http://www.edhelper.com/math_grade3.htm>
              some free..others with a small fee, but can download more than just one grade during the year

              Internet Classrooms
              <http://www.internet4classrooms.com/skills_3rd_original.htm>
              interactive games

              Lizard Point
              <http://www.lizardpoint.com/math/mathsheet.html>
              printable worksheets

              there are lots more out there...these are just a few..hope it is helpful
              Ginny
            • Neil & Paige Beselt
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                i just found this site for my girlies & they've been enjoying it so much...
                lots of little drills etc...
                http://www.k111.k12.il.us/KING/math.htm#Facts

                paige
                http://www.sojourners.ca <http://www.sojourners.ca/>

                _____

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                  MATH
                  The Math Worksite
                  <http://www.themathworksite.com>
                  This is an excellent site for creating custom math worksheets.
                  Rhonda
                • Lynn Andrade
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                    Hi Janet,

                    Have you seen any of these yet? Some are free worksheets, some are
                    online games, some are 'teacher' helps or more links. HTH!

                    http://www.homeschoolmath.net/worksheets/
                    http://www.mathplayground.com/index.html
                    http://www.archimedes-lab.org/
                    http://www.gdbdp.com/multiflyer/
                    http://www.crick.northants.sch.uk/Flash%20Studio/cfsmaths/Toolkit/
                    Toolkit.htm
                    http://janetryoung.blogspot.com/2006/01/math-tutorials-for-
                    numerically.html
                    http://www.coolmath.com/
                    http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/mmathmenu.htm

                    Lynn
                    lynnandrade123@...
                    "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from
                    themselves." ~Sir James Barrie

                    On Jul 29, 2006, at 8:13 PM, Janet Pilapil wrote:

                    > Dear List members,
                    >
                    > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to help
                    > my 9 year old daughter for her math drills for grade
                    > 3.
                    >
                    > Hope you could recommend some great sites for me.
                    >
                    > Thank you in advance for any assistance.
                    >

                    > Sincerely Janet Pilapil

                  • Bryan
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                      http://www.mathfactcafe.com/build/default.aspx?vid=600
                      http://www.superkids.com/aweb/tools/math/add/
                      http://aplusmath.com/Worksheets/index.html

                      Those 3 are all worksheet creators. The first one is my favorite.

                      http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/mmathadd.htm

                      The above link is a link to "tricks" of math, shortcuts that make memorizing
                      math facts easier.

                      Bryan

                    • Lillian Angelovic
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                        I highly recommend The Math Worksheet Site -
                        http://themathworksheetsite.com/ for all ages and levels.

                        It has an extensive free area, or you can access even more by
                        subscribing. It's run by a homeschooling family so they recognize the
                        needs of homeschoolers and even the subscription is very low-cost. I
                        used the for-pay area once during a free trial week and was very
                        impressed, but the free service has been enough for our family's
                        needs. We have used it to supplement both Saxon math and Math-U-See.

                        Lillian Angelovic
                      • Kathy Rodgers
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 2, 2006
                          Hi Janet and all

                          enchantedlearning.com<http://enchantedlearning.com/>

                          has a lot of math worksheets and drill sheets. You can join for $20/yr. well worth it, and lots are free.

                          donnayoung.org<http://donnayoung.org/>

                          is free and has tons of math drill sheets and other stuff.

                          HTH, KathyR