Re: [hs reviews] Kdgn - Gr 1 math learning

  • virginia crosby
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2006
      http://www.happychild.org.uk/wks/math/key1/add/set01/page0001.htm

      feebies and it comes in diff languages too also this is just set 1 of many
      sets of additon sets and subtraction sets
      take a few and browse the site..highly recommended site
      ginny

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 24, 2006
        Linda,

        Here are a few math worksheet sites that might help.
        Lots of free worksheets of all kinds and even more if you sign up (it's
        free):
        http://www.learningpage.com/
        Free worksheets and flash-cards online:
        http://www.mathgoodies.com/worksheets/mathfactcafe.html
        Free worksheets and a free downloadable worksheet generator (Be sure to
        look for the one that says 'free' because they have for-pay ones on the
        same page):
        http://www.schoolhousetech.com/index2.html
        Free worksheets generated for you online:
        http://www.softschools.com/

        Hope these help!

        Lynn in MA

        PS. Congratulations on your adoptions! We hope to do the same soon,
        too. :-)

        On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:40 PM, 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:30:02 -0000
        > From: "lvisser67" <lvisser67@...>
        > Subject: Kdgn - Gr 1 math learning
        >
        > Dear List members,
        >
        > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
        > adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
        > Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at the
        > beginning. They are probably at a Senior Kindergarten level at
        > present. I need something with a LOT of drill and repetition. They
        > speak French and attend school in French but I can translate English
        > language instructions so an English language method should be OK for
        > us. Can anyone recommend something I could try?
        >
        > Thank you in advance for any assistance.
        >
        > Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada

      • Colleen
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 25, 2006
          Linda,
          I was having trouble with my daughter for 3 years and this site was
          the answer to my prayers. If you cannot find the info you need on the
          site, ask your question to them directly, and they usually answer within
          24 hours.

          http://mathforum.org/t2t/

          Good Luck,
          Colleen

          lvisser67 wrote:

          >Dear List members,
          >
          >I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
          >adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math....
          >
          >Thank you in advance for any assistance.
          >
          >Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada

        • Kaiya
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 11, 2006
            MATH
            MEP Maths
            <http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mep/default.htm>
            Try MEP maths (it's now mentioned on the happychild site too)- it's a
            comprehensive free math curriculum that covers all school years and
            available as pdf files you can print off. There are a few passworded
            sections - the test ones, but home - educators in UK have been able to
            obtain them.
            Go to
            http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mep/default.htm
            and scroll down to the primary section

            Hope this helps
            Kaiya

            > > Dear List members,
            > >
            > > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
            > > adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
            > > Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at
            the beginning.
          • Janet Pilapil
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 29, 2006
              Dear List members,

              I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to help
              my 9 year old daughter for her math drills for grade
              3.

              Hope you could recommend some great sites for me.

              Sincerely Janet Pilapil

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • virginia crosby
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                MATH
                EdHelper
                <http://www.edhelper.com/math_grade3.htm>
                some free..others with a small fee, but can download more than just one grade during the year

                Internet Classrooms
                <http://www.internet4classrooms.com/skills_3rd_original.htm>
                interactive games

                Lizard Point
                <http://www.lizardpoint.com/math/mathsheet.html>
                printable worksheets

                there are lots more out there...these are just a few..hope it is helpful
                Ginny
              • Neil & Paige Beselt
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                  i just found this site for my girlies & they've been enjoying it so much...
                  lots of little drills etc...
                  http://www.k111.k12.il.us/KING/math.htm#Facts

                  paige
                  http://www.sojourners.ca <http://www.sojourners.ca/>

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                    MATH
                    The Math Worksite
                    <http://www.themathworksite.com>
                    This is an excellent site for creating custom math worksheets.
                    Rhonda
                  • Lynn Andrade
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                      Hi Janet,

                      Have you seen any of these yet? Some are free worksheets, some are
                      online games, some are 'teacher' helps or more links. HTH!

                      http://www.homeschoolmath.net/worksheets/
                      http://www.mathplayground.com/index.html
                      http://www.archimedes-lab.org/
                      http://www.gdbdp.com/multiflyer/
                      http://www.crick.northants.sch.uk/Flash%20Studio/cfsmaths/Toolkit/
                      Toolkit.htm
                      http://janetryoung.blogspot.com/2006/01/math-tutorials-for-
                      numerically.html
                      http://www.coolmath.com/
                      http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/mmathmenu.htm

                      Lynn
                      lynnandrade123@...
                      "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from
                      themselves." ~Sir James Barrie

                      On Jul 29, 2006, at 8:13 PM, Janet Pilapil wrote:

                      > Dear List members,
                      >
                      > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to help
                      > my 9 year old daughter for her math drills for grade
                      > 3.
                      >
                      > Hope you could recommend some great sites for me.
                      >
                      > Thank you in advance for any assistance.
                      >

                      > Sincerely Janet Pilapil

                    • Bryan
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                        http://www.mathfactcafe.com/build/default.aspx?vid=600
                        http://www.superkids.com/aweb/tools/math/add/
                        http://aplusmath.com/Worksheets/index.html

                        Those 3 are all worksheet creators. The first one is my favorite.

                        http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/mmathadd.htm

                        The above link is a link to "tricks" of math, shortcuts that make memorizing
                        math facts easier.

                        Bryan

                      • Lillian Angelovic
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                          I highly recommend The Math Worksheet Site -
                          http://themathworksheetsite.com/ for all ages and levels.

                          It has an extensive free area, or you can access even more by
                          subscribing. It's run by a homeschooling family so they recognize the
                          needs of homeschoolers and even the subscription is very low-cost. I
                          used the for-pay area once during a free trial week and was very
                          impressed, but the free service has been enough for our family's
                          needs. We have used it to supplement both Saxon math and Math-U-See.

                          Lillian Angelovic
                        • Kathy Rodgers
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 2, 2006
                            Hi Janet and all

                            enchantedlearning.com<http://enchantedlearning.com/>

                            has a lot of math worksheets and drill sheets. You can join for $20/yr. well worth it, and lots are free.

                            donnayoung.org<http://donnayoung.org/>

                            is free and has tons of math drill sheets and other stuff.

                            HTH, KathyR