RE: [hs reviews] Kdgn - Gr 1 math learning

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2006
      This is a good site for math drills.

      <http://www.dep.anl.gov/aattack.htm> http://www.dep.anl.gov/aattack.htm

      -----Original Message-----
      From: 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lvisser67
      Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 11:30 PM
      To: 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hs reviews] Kdgn - Gr 1 math learning

      Dear List members,

      I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
      adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
      Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at the
      beginning. They are probably at a Senior Kindergarten level at
      present. I need something with a LOT of drill and repetition. They
      speak French and attend school in French but I can translate English
      language instructions so an English language method should be OK for
      us. Can anyone recommend something I could try?

      Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada

      This list supplements the books "Homeschool Your Child For Free"
      <http://www.hsfree.com> and "Homeschooling Step by Step"
      <http://www.homeschoolsteps.com>.
      Post message: mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
      Moderator: LauraMaery Gold <http://www.hsfree.com>
      All forwards from this list must contain this footer: Subscribe at
      <http://www.hsfree.com>.

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "0-homeschoolreviews
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/0-homeschoolreviews> " on the web.

      ibe>

      _____

    • virginia crosby
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 23, 2006
        http://www.happychild.org.uk/wks/math/key1/add/set01/page0001.htm

        feebies and it comes in diff languages too also this is just set 1 of many
        sets of additon sets and subtraction sets
        take a few and browse the site..highly recommended site
        ginny

        > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
        > adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
        > Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at the
        > beginning. They are probably at a Senior Kindergarten level at
        > present. I need something with a LOT of drill and repetition. They
        > speak French and attend school in French but I can translate English
        > language instructions so an English language method should be OK for
        > us. Can anyone recommend something I could try?
        >
        > Thank you in advance for any assistance.
        >
        > Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada
        >

        > This list supplements the books "Homeschool Your Child For Free"
        > <http://www.hsfree.com> and "Homeschooling Step by Step"
        > <http://www.homeschoolsteps.com>.
        > Post message: mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
        > Moderator: LauraMaery Gold <http://www.hsfree.com>
        > All forwards from this list must contain this footer: Subscribe at
        > <http://www.hsfree.com>.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Lynn Andrade
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 24, 2006
          Linda,

          Here are a few math worksheet sites that might help.
          Lots of free worksheets of all kinds and even more if you sign up (it's
          free):
          http://www.learningpage.com/
          Free worksheets and flash-cards online:
          http://www.mathgoodies.com/worksheets/mathfactcafe.html
          Free worksheets and a free downloadable worksheet generator (Be sure to
          look for the one that says 'free' because they have for-pay ones on the
          same page):
          http://www.schoolhousetech.com/index2.html
          Free worksheets generated for you online:
          http://www.softschools.com/

          Hope these help!

          Lynn in MA

          PS. Congratulations on your adoptions! We hope to do the same soon,
          too. :-)

          On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:40 PM, 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:30:02 -0000
          > From: "lvisser67" <lvisser67@...>
          > Subject: Kdgn - Gr 1 math learning
          >
          > Dear List members,
          >
          > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
          > adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
          > Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at the
          > beginning. They are probably at a Senior Kindergarten level at
          > present. I need something with a LOT of drill and repetition. They
          > speak French and attend school in French but I can translate English
          > language instructions so an English language method should be OK for
          > us. Can anyone recommend something I could try?
          >
          > Thank you in advance for any assistance.
          >
          > Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada

        • Colleen
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 25, 2006
            Linda,
            I was having trouble with my daughter for 3 years and this site was
            the answer to my prayers. If you cannot find the info you need on the
            site, ask your question to them directly, and they usually answer within
            24 hours.

            http://mathforum.org/t2t/

            Good Luck,
            Colleen

            lvisser67 wrote:

            >Dear List members,
            >
            >I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
            >adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math....
            >
            >Thank you in advance for any assistance.
            >
            >Sincerely Linda Visser in Ontario, Canada

          • Kaiya
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 11 10:07 PM
              MATH
              MEP Maths
              <http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mep/default.htm>
              Try MEP maths (it's now mentioned on the happychild site too)- it's a
              comprehensive free math curriculum that covers all school years and
              available as pdf files you can print off. There are a few passworded
              sections - the test ones, but home - educators in UK have been able to
              obtain them.
              Go to
              http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mep/default.htm
              and scroll down to the primary section

              Hope this helps
              Kaiya

              > > Dear List members,
              > >
              > > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to use to help my newly
              > > adopted kids (ages 7 and 10) learn basic math. They arrived from
              > > Haiti where they learned nothing in school so they are starting at
              the beginning.
            • Janet Pilapil
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 29, 2006
                Dear List members,

                I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to help
                my 9 year old daughter for her math drills for grade
                3.

                Hope you could recommend some great sites for me.

                Sincerely Janet Pilapil

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • virginia crosby
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                  MATH
                  EdHelper
                  <http://www.edhelper.com/math_grade3.htm>
                  some free..others with a small fee, but can download more than just one grade during the year

                  Internet Classrooms
                  <http://www.internet4classrooms.com/skills_3rd_original.htm>
                  interactive games

                  Lizard Point
                  <http://www.lizardpoint.com/math/mathsheet.html>
                  printable worksheets

                  there are lots more out there...these are just a few..hope it is helpful
                  Ginny
                • Neil & Paige Beselt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                    i just found this site for my girlies & they've been enjoying it so much...
                    lots of little drills etc...
                    http://www.k111.k12.il.us/KING/math.htm#Facts

                    paige
                    http://www.sojourners.ca <http://www.sojourners.ca/>

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                      MATH
                      The Math Worksite
                      <http://www.themathworksite.com>
                      This is an excellent site for creating custom math worksheets.
                      Rhonda
                    • Lynn Andrade
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                        Hi Janet,

                        Have you seen any of these yet? Some are free worksheets, some are
                        online games, some are 'teacher' helps or more links. HTH!

                        http://www.homeschoolmath.net/worksheets/
                        http://www.mathplayground.com/index.html
                        http://www.archimedes-lab.org/
                        http://www.gdbdp.com/multiflyer/
                        http://www.crick.northants.sch.uk/Flash%20Studio/cfsmaths/Toolkit/
                        Toolkit.htm
                        http://janetryoung.blogspot.com/2006/01/math-tutorials-for-
                        numerically.html
                        http://www.coolmath.com/
                        http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/mmathmenu.htm

                        Lynn
                        lynnandrade123@...
                        "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from
                        themselves." ~Sir James Barrie

                        On Jul 29, 2006, at 8:13 PM, Janet Pilapil wrote:

                        > Dear List members,
                        >
                        > I am trying to find an inexpensive resource to help
                        > my 9 year old daughter for her math drills for grade
                        > 3.
                        >
                        > Hope you could recommend some great sites for me.
                        >
                        > Thank you in advance for any assistance.
                        >

                        > Sincerely Janet Pilapil

                      • Bryan
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                          http://www.mathfactcafe.com/build/default.aspx?vid=600
                          http://www.superkids.com/aweb/tools/math/add/
                          http://aplusmath.com/Worksheets/index.html

                          Those 3 are all worksheet creators. The first one is my favorite.

                          http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/mmathadd.htm

                          The above link is a link to "tricks" of math, shortcuts that make memorizing
                          math facts easier.

                          Bryan

                        • Lillian Angelovic
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
                            I highly recommend The Math Worksheet Site -
                            http://themathworksheetsite.com/ for all ages and levels.

                            It has an extensive free area, or you can access even more by
                            subscribing. It's run by a homeschooling family so they recognize the
                            needs of homeschoolers and even the subscription is very low-cost. I
                            used the for-pay area once during a free trial week and was very
                            impressed, but the free service has been enough for our family's
                            needs. We have used it to supplement both Saxon math and Math-U-See.

                            Lillian Angelovic
                          • Kathy Rodgers
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 2, 2006
                              Hi Janet and all

                              enchantedlearning.com<http://enchantedlearning.com/>

                              has a lot of math worksheets and drill sheets. You can join for $20/yr. well worth it, and lots are free.

                              donnayoung.org<http://donnayoung.org/>

                              is free and has tons of math drill sheets and other stuff.

                              HTH, KathyR