[QUERY] Need Guidance

  • lissette_nat_chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2006
      [MOD: Only reviews of free homeschooling resources on the Internet should be sent to the list. Any other information intended to aid Lissette should be sent via direct e-mail to Lissette at <lissette_nat_chris@...> .--kmm]

      Hello to all, I just started as of today Jan 3, 2006 homeschool for my
      2 boys and I have gone to so many book stores and yet I have not found
      what I would need to start. Everything is expensive and it is over
      welming with so many books, but how do you know which curriculum is
      right for your kids. My question is are there any website or ideas
      anyone has to help me, help my boys. I would appreciate all inquires
      for a new home school mom. Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year to
      all. Lissette
    • Stephanie Howard
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
        I can HIGHLY recommend that you go to the library and check out THE
        SUCCESSFUL HOMESCHOOL FAMILY HANDBOOK by Dr. Raymond Moore and his wife
        Dorothy. That will get you off to a GREAT start. They have a web site at
        www. <http://www.moorefoundation.com/> moorefoundation.com (I can't get to
        it today) they also I have a Yahoo Group called moorehomeschooling, and
        also there is a site called www.entrustedtous.com
        <http://www.entrustedtous.com/> with archived articles by the Moores.

        I recently did a little seminar on finding the right curriculum for your
        child and this program works for all types. If you e-mail me directly I can
        send you the handouts if you would like.

        Stephanie

        _____

        [MOD: Only reviews of free homeschooling resources on the Internet should
        be sent to the list. Any other information intended to aid Lissette should
        be sent via direct e-mail to Lissette at <lissette_nat_chris@...>
        .--kmm]

        Hello to all, I just started as of today Jan 3, 2006 homeschool for my
        2 boys and I have gone to so many book stores and yet I have not found
        what I would need to start. Everything is expensive and it is over
        welming with so many books, but how do you know which curriculum is
        right for your kids. My question is are there any website or ideas
        anyone has to help me, help my boys. I would appreciate all inquires
        for a new home school mom. Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year to
        all. Lissette

        This list supplements the books "Homeschool Your Child For Free"
        <http://www.hsfree.com> and "Homeschooling Step by Step"
        <http://www.homeschoolsteps.com>.
        Post message: mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
        Moderator: LauraMaery Gold <http://www.hsfree.com>
        All forwards from this list must contain this footer: Subscribe at
        <http://www.hsfree.com>.

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "0-homeschoolreviews
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/0-homeschoolreviews> " on the web.

        _____

      • donmccabe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
          In a message dated 1/4/2006 1:10:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          lissette_nat_chris@... writes:

          Hello to all, I just started as of today Jan 3, 2006 homeschool for my
          2 boys and I have gone to so many book stores and yet I have not found
          what I would need to start.

          For a complete handwriting/keyboarding curriculum that teaches phonics and
          spelling that is FREE go to _www.spelling.org_ (http://www.spelling.org) ,
          click on FREEBIES, find STARTING AT SQUARE ONE click on it and there you have a
          FREE CURRICULUM.

          If you're interested in a FREE textbook on how to teach reading and
          spelling, again go to _www.spelling.org_ (http://www.spelling.org) , click on
          FREEBIES, and find THE TEACHING OF READING & SPELLING: A CONTINUUM FROM
          KINDERGARTEN THROUGH COLLEGE.

          Don McCabe

        • Lynn Andrade
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
            Lissette,

            Here are just a few general resources I've found over the years. Before
            buying, spend a few months pouring over all the free stuff online. :-)
            Hope these help!

            Lynn in MA

            Jon's Homeschool Resources - www.midnightbeach.com/hs/index.html
            Homeschooling with Ann Lahrson-Fisher -
            www.nettlepatch.net/homeschool/index.html
            Homeschool Treasures - www.homeeducator.com/FamilyTimes/submissions.htm
            National Home Education Network - www.nhen.org/
            World Book Typical Course of Study -
            www.worldbook.com/wc/browse?id=pa/tcs
            Download Learning (free downloadable programs) -
            www.downloadlearning.com/
            Donna Young's Homeschool Printables and Resourcesv-
            http://donnayoung.org/
            ABCTeach free printable pages and worksheets - abcteach.com/
            FunBrain.com Kids Center - www.funbrain.com/kidscenter.html
            iKnowthat.com Online Educational Games (this is heavy on ads though) -
            www.iknowthat.com
            Fact Monster - www.factmonster.com/
            KidZone Printable Activity Pages - www.kidzone.ws/

            > Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:02:32 -0000
            > From: "lissette_nat_chris" <lissette_nat_chris@...>
            > Subject: [QUERY] Need Guidance
            >
            > [MOD: Only reviews of free homeschooling resources on the Internet
            > should be sent to the list. Any other information intended to aid
            > Lissette should be sent via direct e-mail to Lissette at
            > <lissette_nat_chris@...> .--kmm]
            >

            > Hello to all, I just started as of today Jan 3, 2006 homeschool for my
            > 2 boys and I have gone to so many book stores and yet I have not found
            > what I would need to start. Everything is expensive and it is over
            > welming with so many books, but how do you know which curriculum is
            > right for your kids. My question is are there any website or ideas
            > anyone has to help me, help my boys. I would appreciate all inquires
            > for a new home school mom. Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year to
            > all. Lissette

          • K
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 17, 2006
              Go online and check out www.coreknowledge.org. This site offers
              free lesson plans and curriculum suggestions for grades K-6.
              Downloadable in pdf format. They also have books under the Core
              Knowledge Series at the Library called "What your Kindergartner (or
              1st grader, 2nd grader, etc.) neeeds to know." Edited by E. D.
              Hirsch, Jr. Enjoy!

              --- In 0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com, "lissette_nat_chris"

              <lissette_nat_chris@y...> .--kmm]

            • ivcfcup@netscape.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 22, 2006
                I have used www.studyspanish.com Are there any other sites anyone could recommend for learning Spanish?

                Barb
              • booktrish
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 31, 2006
                  Hi, my daughter wanted to learn Japanese, so I have done a search on
                  the internet for online Japanese lessons, free.
                  Some really good ones came up, totally free.

                  So you could look up "Spanish lessons, online, free" or something like
                  that in your favorite search engine, and sort them out. Maybe you
                  would want to add the word "children" or some thing like that to
                  specify more.

                  I'm sure you will find lots of good free lessons!
                  Trish
                • hsmom32001
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 21 9:11 PM
                    LANGUAGES: SPANISH
                    Learn Spanish Today
                    <http://www.learnspanishtoday.com>

                    Rocket Spanish
                    <http://www.rocketspanish.com>

                    here are two websites that my son and I love for spanish
                    lessons. You can sign up to receive weekly FREE lessons and/or buy
                    additional ones on CDs, etc. Alfrieda
                    www.learnspanishtoday.com
                    www.rocketspanish.com