Time lapse workbooks/worksheets/online computer games

  • Tom George
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2005
      Hi - My 12 yod is autistic and works on a 2nd-3rd grade level. She
      has great difficulty understanding the concept of time lapse. She can
      tell time, but can't tell me that 6 hours have elapsed from 10AM-4PM.
      We've used the easy Time and Money workbook that you can buy at Sams,
      the Judy Clock, the Timing It Right board game, and she still has
      trouble with time progression.

      Are there online printable worksheets that I can access, or online
      simple computer games that would help dd? She cannot use computer games
      that have lots of oral instruction, or the fast, competitive,
      arcade-style games. The fewer bells and whistles, the better.

      Thanks -

      Laurie
    • jdeamohr1
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2005
        Laurie,
        This has a few interactive time quizes and some things to print out and
        lessons:

        http://sln.fi.edu/time/Journey/JustInTime/contents.html

        This might help for elapsed time:
        http://www.teachingtime.co.uk/clock/clockres.html

        http://www.teachingtime.co.uk/

        Hope these help,
        Beth
      • Aisha Aliyyah
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
          Here are some website I have in my homeschool folder. The only one I have actually used it the aplusmath. I hope you find these useful.

          www.aplusmath.com

          http://www.gamequarium.com/studentgames.htm

          http://members.learningplanet.com/directory/index.asp
          Tom George <tgeorge_tx@...> wrote:
          Hi - My 12 yod is autistic and works on a 2nd-3rd grade level. She
          has great difficulty understanding the concept of time lapse. She can
          tell time, but can't tell me that 6 hours have elapsed from 10AM-4PM.
          We've used the easy Time and Money workbook that you can buy at Sams,
          the Judy Clock, the Timing It Right board game, and she still has
          trouble with time progression.

          Are there online printable worksheets that I can access, or online
          simple computer games that would help dd? She cannot use computer games
          that have lots of oral instruction, or the fast, competitive,
          arcade-style games. The fewer bells and whistles, the better.

          Thanks -

          Laurie

          This list supplements the books "Homeschool Your Child For Free" <http://www.hsfree.com> and "Homeschooling Step by Step" <http://www.homeschoolsteps.com>.
          Post message: mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
          Moderator: LauraMaery Gold <http://www.hsfree.com>
          All forwards from this list must contain this footer: Subscribe at <http://www.hsfree.com>.

          Secondary school education Graduate school education Home school education Graduate school education online Rating education schools High school education

        • Diana Colvin
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
            Hi Laurie,

            I'm pretty new to homeschooling, this is my first year and I am having a lot of trouble. I have been looking for inexpensive or free resources for my kids. Like curriculums, books, workbooks, worksheets, etc and I'm having a hard time. I really want to do this but I also have a hard time getting everything done in the day. I have a part time job that I do at home for extra money so it's hard for me to balance everything. I kids, teaching them, working, the house, cooking and cleaning and then spending the quailty with the kids and husband. It's becoming a strain on me and things get left off. I want to be able to keep up with the everyday things and still be able to work and teach my kids. Do you have any suggestions.

            As for as homeschooling children with autism I have no experience and I apologize that I can't be of much help to you. But I did find some website that may be useful to you.

            http://home.earthlink.net/~tammyglaser798/authome.html
            http://homeschooling.about.com/od/specautism/index_a.htm
            http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/weblinks/autism.htm
            http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=97834