RE: [hs reviews] [QUERY] lesson plans or unit study on Amphibians/Frogs

  • ivcfcup@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2005
      Hi Martha,
      I recently taught a class on reptiles and amphibians at our homeschool co-op. I used information from the PA Fish and Boat Comission. Maybe your state has something similar. Here is the PA web site. You might find something useful there. http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/amp_rep.htm

      Barb

      Martha & David Youngblood <dlyoungblood@...> wrote:

      >Hello all!
      >
      >Does anyone know where I can find *free* lesson plans or a unit study on Amphibians?
    • Betsy Hudson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2005
        Martha,
        I was looking through my e-mail & came across this from a couple of weeks ago. I hope this response is not too late.

        First-schools has some stuff too. This is a preschool lesson plan, but it does link off to other pages with more info. And your son may like the coloring pages and other crafts.
        http://www.first-school.ws/activities/animals/amphibians/frogsonline.htm

        I also found this site, but I don't remember how I got to it. This is a frog and toad lesson plan geared for K-2. It is based on the book Frog and Toad are Friends. This could give you a language art component to your unit study.
        http://www.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/score/frog/frogtg.html

        HTH,
        Betsy
      • Lynn James
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
          ASTRONOMY
          Moon View
          Maybe this would be valuable as a teaching tool. A view of the moon:

          <http://www.mercola.com/2005/aug/2/google_moon.htm><http://moon.google.com/>

          Lynn in CO