[QUERY] lesson plans or unit study on Amphibians/Frogs

  • Martha & David Youngblood
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2005
      Hello all!

      Does anyone know where I can find *free* lesson plans or a unit study on Amphibians? I'm particularly looking for stuff on frogs & toads for Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd grades. My son is 5, but he's very into science & most Kindergarten stuff is too easy for him.

      We've been studying animals in general and have decided to pick one from each type (mammal, reptile, amphibian, insect, fish & birds) for a more in-depth study. He's picked frogs for the amphibians but I haven't found very much to use, other than the life cycle stuff.

      Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

      Martha
      SAHM to Daniel, 5 & Dylan, 3
      Trying to stay cool in hot, humid Atlanta
    • Zerena
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
        SCIENCE
        Amphibians/Frogs
        http://www.enchantedlearning.com/coloring/amphibians.shtml
        Try this site. I love going there and finding stuff. We used the millwork lifecycle pages last year for kids in grades 2,3,4 and it was fine. They have lots of free worksheets, but there is even more if you pay the membership fee of like $30 US. I am hoping to do that this year.

        Zerena
      • Andrea & Brian Charles
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
          SCIENCE
          Amphibians/Frogs
          learningpage.com
          They have lots of unit topics. I used one on animals recently that my boys enjoyed. It had worksheets on omnivores, herbivores and carnivores that we used. I'm not wild about worksheets, but
          we used the pictures on them to make a poster. We divided it into 3
          sections and put the picture under the correct heading. I think you'll find
          something you can use on their site.

          Andrea
        • nyfew
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
            I used Enchanted Learning for just about everything when my dd was
            younger.
            There is a lot of information and good activties and crafting ideas
            here:
            http://search.enchantedlearning.com/cgi-bin/uncgi/search?key=frogs

            Each page will lead to another.

            For another cute craft idea try:
            http://www.nwf.org/kids/kzPage.cfm?siteId=1
            Warning this page will only be good for July. As of August 1st it
            will
            be be gone.

            Between Enchanted Learning and the the library you can creat your own
            study unit

            Have fun searching the site!
            Have a great day!
            Fran