Re: [hs reviews] [QUERY] Typing/keyboarding websites

  • Linshalom
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
      http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/tps.html

      This is a keyboarding game and has no actual instruction, but my 11 year old daughter picked up alot of her typing from this game. It is typershark and is really alot of fun. Every time I want to brush up on my skills, I will go onto this gamesite as well.

      I don't have any instructional sites to send you, though.
      Lin

      Valerie Hahn <vhahn@...> wrote:

      Can anyone recommend any websites for learning typing/keyboarding? I'm
      looking for lessons and games; they don't have to be on the same
      website. This is for a 12 1/2-year-old. Thanks a lot.

      Valerie

      This list supplements the books "Homeschool Your Child For Free" <http://www.hsfree.com> and "Homeschooling Step by Step" <http://www.homeschoolsteps.com>.
      Post message: mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
      Moderator: LauraMaery Gold <http://www.hsfree.com>
      All forwards from this list must contain this footer: Subscribe at <http://www.hsfree.com>.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Holly Webb
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
        www.learn2type.com
        http://typing.qcalculus.com/index.htm
        www.growingcourse.com/index.html

        Valerie,

        Here are a few I have, hope they help.

        Holly
      • Holly Webb
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
          Valerie,

          Sorry, I made a mistake with the growing course site. It is actually

          www.growing.course.com/index.html

          sorry about that,

          Holly
        • donmccabe@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
            (http://www.spelling.org)

            There is a complete keyboarding/handwriting curriculum offered free on the _www.spelling.org_ website. Click on Freebies and
            find "Starting at Square One."

            Don McCabe
          • Stephanie Howard
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
              www.goodtyping.com
              my 8 year old son just finnished a 27 lesson course on [this site]

              Stephanie
            • Luvmytiki
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                www.typingpal.com
                has a free online course you can use and it keeps
                track of your skill progress. There is also a software download for
                $9.95 if you prefer, but the online seems fine. There is a typing pal
                jr and garfield typing pal demo available also, but I have not tried
                them.
              • Rose Blakely
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                  http://www.learn2type.com/NewUser
                  [This] web address is for typing instruction and it is completely free.
                  Hope you like it.

                  Rose
                • rubanks
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                    Quazart.com

                    This is a great site for learning keyboarding. We started using this site
                    last year when my son was 11 1/2. We do about 10 minutes most days and
                    according to the Quazart speed measures he does 35-40 words per minute.

                    Bye...Naomi

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
                      Typing/keyboarding websites
                      _http://www.spelling.org/Books/Starting%20at%20Square%20One%2001.htm_
                      (http://www.spelling.org/Books/Starting%20at%20Square%20One%2001.htm)

                      This is a completely free total keyboarding program that teaches reading and
                      spelling as the keyboard is mastered. It also can be used for handwriting.
                      Don McCabe