[hs reviews] [QUERY] Typing/keyboarding websites

  • Valerie Hahn
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
      Can anyone recommend any websites for learning typing/keyboarding? I'm
      looking for lessons and games; they don't have to be on the same
      website. This is for a 12 1/2-year-old. Thanks a lot.

      Valerie
    • Linshalom
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/tps.html

        This is a keyboarding game and has no actual instruction, but my 11 year old daughter picked up alot of her typing from this game. It is typershark and is really alot of fun. Every time I want to brush up on my skills, I will go onto this gamesite as well.

        I don't have any instructional sites to send you, though.
        Lin

        Valerie Hahn <vhahn@...> wrote:

        Can anyone recommend any websites for learning typing/keyboarding? I'm
        looking for lessons and games; they don't have to be on the same
        website. This is for a 12 1/2-year-old. Thanks a lot.

        Valerie

        This list supplements the books "Homeschool Your Child For Free" <http://www.hsfree.com> and "Homeschooling Step by Step" <http://www.homeschoolsteps.com>.
        Post message: mailto:0-homeschoolreviews@yahoogroups.com
        Moderator: LauraMaery Gold <http://www.hsfree.com>
        All forwards from this list must contain this footer: Subscribe at <http://www.hsfree.com>.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Holly Webb
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
          www.learn2type.com
          http://typing.qcalculus.com/index.htm
          www.growingcourse.com/index.html

          Valerie,

          Here are a few I have, hope they help.

          Holly
        • Holly Webb
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
            Valerie,

            Sorry, I made a mistake with the growing course site. It is actually

            www.growing.course.com/index.html

            sorry about that,

            Holly
          • donmccabe@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
              (http://www.spelling.org)

              There is a complete keyboarding/handwriting curriculum offered free on the _www.spelling.org_ website. Click on Freebies and
              find "Starting at Square One."

              Don McCabe
            • Stephanie Howard
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                www.goodtyping.com
                my 8 year old son just finnished a 27 lesson course on [this site]

                Stephanie
              • Luvmytiki
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                  www.typingpal.com
                  has a free online course you can use and it keeps
                  track of your skill progress. There is also a software download for
                  $9.95 if you prefer, but the online seems fine. There is a typing pal
                  jr and garfield typing pal demo available also, but I have not tried
                  them.
                • Rose Blakely
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                    http://www.learn2type.com/NewUser
                    [This] web address is for typing instruction and it is completely free.
                    Hope you like it.

                    Rose
                  • rubanks
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                      Quazart.com

                      This is a great site for learning keyboarding. We started using this site
                      last year when my son was 11 1/2. We do about 10 minutes most days and
                      according to the Quazart speed measures he does 35-40 words per minute.

                      Bye...Naomi

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
                        Typing/keyboarding websites
                        _http://www.spelling.org/Books/Starting%20at%20Square%20One%2001.htm_
                        (http://www.spelling.org/Books/Starting%20at%20Square%20One%2001.htm)

                        This is a completely free total keyboarding program that teaches reading and
                        spelling as the keyboard is mastered. It also can be used for handwriting.
                        Don McCabe