Re: [hs reviews] [QUERY]Online interactive phonics/reading programs for 4-1/2 year old

  • Rose Blakely
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2004
      www.lil-fingers.com
      And my personal favorite.....
      http://pbskids.org/lions/games
      Click on the game word play. It's so cool!
      I haven't check this one out personally, but it looks like a pretty good site...
      www.learningplanet.com
      www.primarygames.com
      Here's a great site to learn letters and their sounds.
      www.starfall.com
      This one may be slightly above her age level now, but it may help bridge the gap between animation/interaction and the joy of reading a good book. Check it out.
      A wonderful book that can aid you in helping her learn to read, spell and think is An Acorn In My Hand by Ethel Bouldin. Tremendous book. Short and to the point and full of insights that are nothing shy of wonderful. It's a must read in my book.
      These sites looks interesting. They allow you try before you buy.
      www.headsprout.com
      www.jazzles.com
      http://growing.course.com
      This is one you might like to have on hand.
      www.janbrett.com
      This one claims to allow you to download software to help with reading for free. www.yourchildlearns.com/lettersounds.htm
      This is all I have for now. I was looking for a particular site I found a while back by accident, but I couldn't find it.
      If I do I'll let you know.