RE: [QUERY] curriculum

  • Tina Franks
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2004
      These might be a good place to start:

      http://www.home2school.com/member/login.asp?
      Builds a custom curriculum for your child and gives parent tutorials so you can brush up. This requires registration, but it's free. For everyone else, this is for 2nd grade and up.

      http://teacher.scholastic.com/lessonplans/
      This is a great resource. It's got lesson plans, activities and reproducibles for grades K and up. It allows you to browse lesson plans by grade, subject, etc.

      http://www.glc.k12.ga.us/seqlps
      For grades K - 5th, there are daily lesson plans (6 sets of 30 days) for Language Arts, Math and Social Studies. There's nothing for 6th grade as of yet, but they've got 8th grade Math and a variety of High School Literature.

      http://www.friendswood.isd.tenet.edu/curriculum/curriculum_la/6grade.html#anchor53535

      http://www.friendswood.isd.tenet.edu/curriculum/curriculum_la/8grade.html

      These two come from a local school district here in Texas. They don't give you lesson plans, but they lay out very specific curriculum objectives by quarter for each grade.

      Hope they help some.

      Tina

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:20:23 -0700
      From: "Patricia Hogue" <look4me@...>
      Subject: [QUERY]curriculum

      I am new to homeschooling and I am wondering if there is a place where I can get a good curriculum for free. I don't even have a clue where to start. Can anyone help me? My kids are in the 6th and 8th grades.
      Tricia