[UNREVIEWED] 14 sites to learn Hebrew language for free

  • Yeshiva Girls
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2003
      Here are some great links for learning Hebrew for free.
      We have used ALL of these listed below at one time or another. It works well!
      ~Karla

      Learn Hebrew with Akhlah!
      http://www.akhlah.com/aleph_bet/aleph-bet.asp
      [great for kids of all ages! Coloring Pages for Learning Hebrew, Worksheets for Learning Hebrew, flash cards, includes audio sounds of the letters, Hebrew letter of the day and words that go with that letter. *****]

      AUDIO VISUAL HEBREW LESSONS BY SHORT STORIES:
      http://ejemm.com/aleph/lesson1.html
      [ FABULOUS lessons on word bases, vowel sounds, and interrelated words, etc. told in story form with animation. Has keyboard on screen to click each letter and hear it, etc.]*****

      AWESOME HEBREW SITE:
      http://www.zigzagworld.com/hebrewforme/ [HUGE Hebrew site. Charts for printing, audio visual lessons, games to play for reinforcement and learning."At ZigZag, Inc. our product focus is language learning, and we have a special interest in non-Latin script languages, such as Hebrew", inc keyboard tutor, quizzes, and amazing new SLATE board(technology of the future for 'school') HIGHLY recommend]*****

      CURSIVE AND BLOCK HEBREW WORKBOOK:
      http://torahresource.com/English%20Articles/New%20Aleph_bet.pdf
      [how to write in block and cursive Hebrew workbook. GREAT booklet in PDF form]*****

      AUDIO VISUAL LESSON FOR KIDS:
      http://www.aish.com/literacy/judaism123/Speak_Hebrew_with_Moshe_and_Leah.asp
      [This animated Ulpan is a first step in understanding Hebrew speech. Ulpan is a word derived from Aramaic - it means "learn."] *****

      FREE HEBREW TUTORIAL VOCABULARY SYSTEM:
      http://foundationstone.com.au/HtmlSupport/FrameSupport/foundationStoneFrame.html
      ["FoundationStone is a FREE application and support materials designed to allow the most efficient learning of its Hebrew vocabulary. The "Online Hebrew Tutorial" is available as part of the download - a complete, condensed set of language lessons to learn Hebrew." from website.]

      http://foundationstone.com.au/OnlineHebrewTutorial.html
      part 2 of link above...

      PRACTICE READING HEBREW:
      club.tip.nl/home/keter1.htm
      [ 8 different links(you'll have to scroll down and look to find them all, most are together but a few are not) to pages for practicing Hebrew reading. most have audio, and include some stories, lessons, and gematria, etc.]****

      BIBLE LANGUAGE TUTORIALS FOR THE BEGINNER:
      http://www.heartofisrael.org/languages/index.htm
      [tons of word flash cards and vocab sheets to print out. grammar review,etc. Look at left side for Hebrew sections/categories to browse and use. Also have some Greek cards, as well, but we don't use those so don't know about them]

      MY HEBREW DICTIONARY:
      http://www.dictionary.co.il/
      [look up words in Hebrew and English and see how to write it in Hebrew]****

      YIDDISH-HEBREW-ENGLISH-FRENCH-RUSSIAN-GERMAN PICTURE DICTIONARY:
      http://www.ibiblio.org/yiddish/Vort/
      [ nice site with pictures for small kids in all languages on same screen. neat] ***

      ANCIENT HEBREW LANGUAGE AND ALEPHBET:
      http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/2_home.html
      [ancient Hebrew letters and aleph-bet, grammar, Hebrew thought, culture, dictionary, root words, etc.] ****

      http://torahresource.com/HebLessons.html
      [Audio files from chapters in "The First Hebrew Primer" ]

      HEBREW RESOURCE LINKS PAGE:
      http://www.cmy.on.ca/learn-hebrew/hebrewlinks.htm
      [site with links listed for many Hebrew online resources for free]

    • C Laver
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2003
        I'd like some sites to help teach my children greek. Does anyone know of some really good, simple ones?

        Crystal

        [MOD: Only reviews of free homeschooling resources on the Internet should be sent to the list. Any other information intended to aid Crystal should be sent via direct e-mail to <mailto:laverhome@...>. --saw]