QUERY: Sign Language resources

  • LauraMaery (Gold) Post
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2002
      FWDED from "Doug & Sharon Shadle" <drsvshad@...>

      What I am looking for is anything on sign language to make a unit study.
      Can anyone help with this? thank you.

      Blessings & (((Hugs)))
      Sharon †
      "Teach me your ways O Lord, I will walk in your truth. Unite my heart to
      fear your name; I will praise you O Lord my God with all my heart and I
      will glorify your name forevermore." Ps. 86:11 & 12
    • Dot Olonovich
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
        LANGUAGES: AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE
        A Basic Dictionary of ASL Terms
        <http://www.masterstech-home.com/ASLDict.html>
        This site is a basic guide to American Sign Language. This site teaches you to sign words by providing the directions to sign, and a video clip of someone signing. It has a fairly comprehensive dictionary of words that you can learn. For fun, the home page has a secret message that you can decode once you know the ASL alphabet. Just below that they also have a link to a page of resources that may also be helpful. You may find a unit study there. Otherwise perhaps you could take sentences from some of your reading or conversation and translate those to ASL using this site. Good luck! In order to view some of the animated signs, you must have Apple's QuickTime PlugIn installed in your browser's PlugIns folder. (I don't remember ever installing that, but the video clips work fine on my computer.)

        [--Dot Olonovich]