WHY WE HOMESCHOOL NEWS -- August 26, 2002

  • LauraMaery (Gold) Post
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2002
      This is WHY WE HOMESCHOOL NEWS for August 26, 2002

      To read this week's stories, click here:
      <http://www.whywehomeschool.com>
      (And visit our ARCHIVES for earlier stories)

      This week, learn about several homeschooling successes, an access battle in
      Pennsylvania, California's war on homeschooling, a bureaucratic mess, more
      NEA controversies, a sunburn story that will burn you up ...and more!

      Homeschooling in the News
      -- Florida Homeschooler Surfs to Championship
      -- Carolina Homeschoolers Battle Bots
      -- Homeschoolers Arrive on Campus
      -- Canadian Children Flock Home
      -- Homeschooling Gains Popularity in Indiana
      -- Homeschooling Reaches Beyond the House
      -- Penn. Family Argues for Access
      -- California Increases Pressure on Homeschoolers
      -- California Families Embrace Alternative Education

      This Week in the Public Schools
      -- Bureaucracy Increases Teacher Shortage
      -- Teachers Often Not Educated in Subjects They Teach
      -- Teacher Quits in Exchange for Dropped Molestation Charges
      -- Florida Board Fires Teacher Arrested for Sex Acts
      -- NEA Tips for Commemorating 9-11: Blame America, Exonerate Islam

      News Briefs
      -- Sunburn Mom Fights Back
      -- Boston Teacher Faces Additional Assault Charges
      -- Iowa Man Pleads Guilty in Abuse Case

      To read this week's stories, click here:
      <http://www.whywehomeschool.com>
      (And visit our ARCHIVES for earlier stories)

      --LauraMaery Gold
      eCriteria Sponsors Our Free Educational Databases
      <http://www.ecriteria.net>

      .