[QUERY] Science Worksheets for middle grades

  • Valerie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2002
      I can find plenty of worksheets for elementary aged children, but am looking for science worksheets for middle school students to supplement the things we'll be learning this coming school year. Thank you.

      [MOD: Only reviews of free homeschooling resources should be sent to the list. Any other information intended to aid Valerie should be sent via direct e-mail to <mailto:vowen@...> --mdb]

      [--Valerie]
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
        HISTORY: ANCIENT: MESOPOTAMIA
        University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology: Mesopotamia
        <http://www.gwhs.phila.k12.pa.us/students/projects/2000/klein/museum/Mesopotamia.html>
        University of Pennsylvania has a Mesopotamia page which includes information on "Science and Eductation", "Hammurabi's Code of laws", "The Epic of Gilgamesh", "Cuneiform" ( Writing ), "Mathematics", "Sumerians", "Women's Roles, Clothing, Jewerly", "Religion", "Trade and Transportation", Food, and crafts

        ART: HISTORY
        The Classroom Connection: "Art Takes Time", by Tabitha F. Ward
        <http://members.aol.com/TWard64340/Index.htm>
        A creative well done list of art projects with instructions on topics including ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome.

        ["The lessons have been organized in a chronological or timeline approach to art history. The students will see how Art has changed through the years and learn about the artists of that period and culture. The sequential curriculum help students link art with the time and place in which it was created. The lesson plans include the concept, objective, vocabulary, materials, procedures and evaluation."]

        LINK FARMS:
        CyberSleuthKids: Ancient Civilizations: Mesopotamia
        <http://cybersleuth-kids.com/sleuth/History/Ancient_Civilizations/Ancient_Middle_East/Mesopotamia/>
        Cybersleuth has 57 resources for kids studying Mesopotmaia. Looks like a gold mine of quality links for unit studies.

        [MOD: Links here are minimally annotated and certain of them are indicated to be particularly useful. --mdb]

        Kathi Mitchell's site on Ancient Civilization for Kids: Mesopotamia
        <http://www.kathimitchell.com/ancivil.html#Mesopotamia:>
        Inclues links to "Hammurai's code", Odyssey Online, Exploring Ancient World Cultures, "The Sumerians", Mr. Dowlings Electronic Passport to Mesopotamia, "The World History of Mesopotamia" from the University of Wahington, "Sumerians", "Mesopotamian Art", "Babylonian Math"

        [MOD: One link is annotated minimally, the others not at all. --mdb]

        History Link 101: Mesopotamia
        <http://www.historylink101.com/ancient_mesopotamia.htm>
        History Link site with information on Mesopotamian daily life, Maps, Pictures, Art, Biographies and Research. Arranged in an easy to read and use format.

        [MOD: Sites are rated for visual appeal and content, and some links are minimally annotated. --mdb]

        [--Susan]