[QUERY] sewing projects

  • marciar304@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2002
      Does anyone know of a website with simple sewing projects for a beginner (my DD, age 9)? Thanks.

      [MOD: Only reviews of free homeschooling resources on the Web should be sent to the list. Any other information intended to aid Marcia should be sent via direct e-mail to <mailto:marciar304@...>. --mdb]

      --Marcia
    • Rhonda
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2002
        At 01:06 AM 5/21/2002, you wrote:
        >Does anyone know of a website with simple sewing projects for a beginner
        >(my DD, age 9)?

        Marcia,

        Here's where we go for projects-

        Home Economics
        Sewing.about.com Projects Index - Sorted by Degree Of Difficulty
        <http://sewing.about.com/library/blfeaturerank.htm>
        "Beginner Projects
        These projects are geared to an individual who has little to no sewing
        experience. They require basic straight sewing, very few curves and very
        little in sewing equipment."
        There are also links to Intermediate and Advanced Projects and articles of
        General Interest.
        Most links that I looked at reside on the sewing.about.com website. All
        that I have seen are free and several projects would be appealing to a child.
        ***

        Rhonda
        rjohnson@...
        home educating Cole, 13; Shelby, 8; and Connor, 6

        Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones
        to keep. -- Scott Adams American Cartoonist, The Dilbert Principle