Re: [hs reviews] Little House On The Prarie Unit

  • Lady Lumbee
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18 8:30 AM
      Does anyone have the series on Themestream that was a unit study on Little
      House?? Know the author??

      Mary Ellen
      ladylumbee@...
      "One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
      --Rita Mae Brown
    • Rita B.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 27 9:53 PM
        >unit study for Little House on the Prairie?

        Little House
        <http://www.rerunbooks.com/curr2.html>
        This site has two sets of unit study materials for lil house studies

        - Kathy Williams -
        ~ Childhood is that state which ends
        the moment a puddle is first viewed
        as an obstacle instead of an opportunity. ~
      • MICHAEL MARTINEZ
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2001

          --Kathy in FL
          mamkmm2@...
        • TheHomeSchoolMom.Com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2001
            Mary Ellen writes:

            "Does anyone have the series on Themestream that was a unit study on Little House?? Know the author??"

            I don't know about the Themestream unit, but here are some others:

            Little House Unit - 4th grade level
            <http://faculty.acu.edu/%7earmstrongl/geography/house.htm>
            "The purpose of this lesson is to directly involve the students of a late 1800's pioneer family. Through reading, activities and research they will recreate life in the times of covered wagons. Students will understand life on the trail and the hardships they encountered as the crossed the United States territory." (M)

            Little House Lesson Plan
            <http://askeric.org/Virtual/Lessons/Interdisciplinary/INT0037.html>
            2nd & 3rd grade level; uses My First Little House Books series (Y)

            Little House Unit Ideas
            <http://www.museum.siu.edu/Museum/Museum_Explorers/school_pages/crossville/little_house_on_the_prarie.htm> (cut and paste long URLs)
            Basic ideas for integrated other subjects into a Little House unit. (A)

            Little House in the Big Woods Activities
            http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/2467/

            --Mary Ann
            maryann@...
            "TheHomeSchoolMom" free newsletter brings you the best of the
            web twice a month with links to great free stuff, bargains, educational
            websites, online lesson plans, and more. To subscribe:
            http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/newsletter_signup.html
          • kari parker
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2001
              >Does anyone have the series on Themestream that was a unit study on Little
              >House?? Know the author??

              I think easyfunschool.com <http://www.easyfunschool.com> has unit studies under article achives. Hope this helps.

              [--kari]
            • Ronnie Keohane
              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2001
                > Does anyone have the series on Themestream that was
                > a unit study on Little House?? Know the author??

                The Definitive Laura Ingalls Wilder Page
                <http://carver.pinc.com/~jenslegg>

                maybe that well help?

                [--Ronnie]
              • themommag@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , May 7, 2001
                  I did see something about the "Prarie Primer" unit study of Little House on
                  the Prarie Books on http://www.rerunbooks.com/curr2.html. Not sure if this
                  is what you were looking for.

                  Debbie in Trevose
                  Momma To My Girls