Re: [hs reviews] Speech Therapy

  • Dorinda Oakes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2001
      > I am a registered, licensed occupational therapist, and often work very
      > closely with speech therapists. I also have a daughter who has a mild
      > auditory processing disorder, and a mild head injury from a motor vehicle
      > accident. She went through two years of both occupational therapy and speech
      > therapy.

      Lynne,

      I am diagnosed with Fine Motor problems and all three of my children have Fine Motor Delay (one with professional diagnosis but the other kids have same symptoms but we are trying to avoid lables). What activities can we do to help improve there problems? None of them will do things that get their hands dirty or sticky, so fingerpainting and playdough are out unless it is inside of a plastic bag. They do use lego's (which I find difficult) but what else is there?

      --Dorinda