Inquiry: Does any one use these videos?

  • Shari Setter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2000
      I am wondering if anyone on the list has used Nest Family's Hero Classics as
      unit studies, or if anyone would be interested in trying one. The Animated
      Hero Classics are 30 minute videos which are accompanied by an activity
      book. The activity book has coded pages for art, language, culture,
      character development, geography, history, math, music, problem solving,
      science, spelling, writing, and video awareness. I only recently realized
      how much of a help these are. There are 19 titles in the Hero Classics
      collection, including historical characters from the Maccabees to William
      Bradford to Florence Nightingale. The New and Old Testament series are not
      as directed toward education - they are good for values, character, morals
      and Bible, but the workbooks aren't like the Hero Classics. (Don't get me
      wrong, they're good, but not AS good for a comprehensive education tool!!!)
      If anyone is interested in trying one to 'test market' for me, please let me
      know which one you'd be interested in borrowing (either visit my site -see
      below- or e-mail me privately for the list). I am willing to loan out two
      or three to see how people like them and what their ideas are. I
      home-school, I like them, but that's just me!!
      Please don't misunderstand my purpose - I want to find out if it is
      marketable as a home-school curriculum base.
      Thank you for your help.
      Shari Setter
      Train up your children in the way they should go ...
      Let Nest help
      http://www.nestfamily.com/ssetter
      ssetter@...
      Visit the Child Safety Champion, Yello Dyno!
      http://www.nestfamily.com/ssetter