question

  • Danny and Ann
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2000
      I would like to know if there is a site where I can download a free graphing
      calculator. My kids are very interested in using one, but I simply cannot
      afford the $100+ price tag I have seen locally! Thanks in advance.

      Ann C
    • LauraMaery (Gold) Post
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2000
        >I would like to know if there is a site where I can download a free graphing
        >calculator. My kids are very interested in using one, but I simply cannot
        >afford the $100+ price tag I have seen locally! Thanks in advance.

        Here are some good calculator resources:

        Casio Education
        <http://education.casio.com>
        Great activities for calculators, from Casio, a top calculator
        manufacturer. There's a link here to an interesting loaner program, but
        what you're looking for is the Activities/Lessons link. *****

        Calculators and Educational Solutions
        <http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/cacontnt.htm>
        If you own a Texas Instruments calculator, you'll enjoy the resources
        available from this site. TI operates a loaner program for schools, similar
        to the one run by Casio. The Activities link is where most of the action
        is. ****

        Calculators
        <http://www-sci.lib.uci.edu/HSG/RefCalculators.html>
        Some 11,000 calculators for every task you can imagine. *****

        Specifically, the graphing calculators are at
        <http://www-sci.lib.uci.edu/HSG/RefCalculators2.html#COMP-GGRAPH>.

        Java-Powered Calculus
        <http://macweb.acs.usm.maine.edu/math/dcalc/jpc.html>
        Function grapher and a scientific calculator. ***

        Graphing Calculator
        <http://www.pacifict.com>
        A commercial product for use on the Macintosh. It's now at version 2.7, and
        costs $60.

        Online Calculator
        <http://www.math.sc.edu/cgi-bin/sumcgi/calculator.pl>
        Enter an expression, find the answer. Expressions can contain complexities
        such as exponentiation, square roots, sin, cos, and ch. ***

        Graphing Calculator Guide
        <http://cesme.utm.edu/resources/math/grcalc/toc.html>
        Teachers attending a summer workshop developed this collection of lessons
        for grades 7 to 12 that integrate graphing calculators into the math
        curriculum. You'll find here such topics as basic calculator concepts,
        transforming graphs, solving linear inequalities, using statistical data,
        investigating slope, and constructing trigonometric concepts. ****

        --lauramaery
        ---------
        WHAT ARE WE SUPPORTING NOW? Mike Pollard is dying. You can save his life.
        This 40-year-old father of five is the victim of a disease called Hollow
        Viscous Myopathy. A transplant could save his life, but the costs exceed
        the lifetime provisions of his health insurance. Can you help his children
        grow up with a daddy? <http://www.safelink.net/mikepollard> Donations to
        Mike Pollard Fund, First Federal Bank, PO Box 970, Burley, ID 83318
        ---------

        .