FYI and Networks!!! INDIGENOUS ARTS SHOWCASE The Indigenous Arts Showcase is a joint initiative of ArtsWA, the Department of Aboriginal Economic DevelopmentMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002View Source
WANTED: Indigeous Arts Showcase Manager - Perth International Arts Festival.
FYI and Networks!!!
INDIGENOUS ARTS SHOWCASE
The Indigenous Arts Showcase is a joint initiative of ArtsWA, the Department of Aboriginal Economic Development and The Perth International Arts Festival. (PIAF)
The project will involve liaising with Indigenous artists in preparing and presenting work for the international market, developing international producing networks and the implementation, management and promotion of West Australia¹s first performing 3 day arts market in February 2003.
The project will be coordinated from the PIAF offices and the Project Manager will report to a Management Committee of Industry representatives including ArtsWA, Office of Aboriginal Economic Development, PIAF and Independent Indigenous Artists.
Closing date is 15 July 2002
Essential Knowledge and Skills
1. High Level of knowledge of Indigenous arts practice and artists in Western Australia.
2. Extensive experience in arts event management, preferably Indigenous arts based.
3. High level interpersonal skills including a track record of developing highly productive relationships with artists, companies, producers, presenters and the business community.
4. A successful record of establishing and maintaining accurate and complex budgets, with sound financial management skills.
5. A proven ability to solve problems and manage complex situations.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
1. A high level of knowledge of International producers, producing networks and presenters and arts market networks and an ability to effectively market events in this context.
2. Experience in establishing and managing information, database and networks systems.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of copyright, contractual and Intellectual Property rights as they relate to Indigenous people.
Statement of Duties
1. Organise and manage the selection of artists to be included in the Showcase in consultation with the Showcase Management Committee.
2. Co-ordinate the showcase and appropriate staff in order to ascertain logistical requirements for artists and invited delegates and meeting those requirements including establishing availability, requirements and costs of each presentation.
3. Assess and provide advice on all aspects of the showcase and develop a realistic timeframe with which to achieve the showcase.
4. Prepare and monitor budgets for the showcase factoring in the costs of presentation of artists¹ work, marketing, publicity, insurance and costs of invited delegates.
5. Oversee the international and national marketing and publicity for this event in conjunction with the Management committee.
6. Assist the Management committee in the development of new sponsorship arrangements, cash and contra, and maintain existing sponsorship agreements already in place.
7. Provide advice and guidelines to Indigenous artists and companies interested in and selected as participants in the showcase.
8. Develop a productive international network database of promoters, presenters and producers with a view to successfully promoting Indigenous product (with a WA focus) overseas.
9. Develop and issue artists contracts and other event management contracts as appropriate.
10. Liaise with venue(s) where the showcase will be presented and provide appropriate infrastructure for the realisation of the event.
11. Act in the best interests of the Indigenous showcase at all times by promoting West Australian product both at a local and international level.
12. Prepare a project report to enable an evaluation of the project to be conducted.