Interesting but not clear. Just looking at the G5
1. CPU is about 1% faster (169 to 171) - not something anyone would notice.
2. Threads - Tiger is actually slower (102 to 99)
3. Memory - Tiger is 12.5% faster - a little unclear to me how the OS makes
memory faster - since that is hardware
4. Quartz (graphics) - Tiger is slower (212 to 199)
5. OpenGL - Tiger is about 20% faster
6. IHM User Interface - a whopping 51% faster - thats something that could be
noticed - a little unclear when though - if you click on the window of
another program does it come to the front quicker?
7. Disk Tiger slightly better (129 to 136)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]