Here's an updated version of the patch.
1. Saving a file opened via a symbolic link on Windows (Vista and 7) destroys the symbolic link and replaces it with a copy of the file.
2. There is also some odd attribute handling with symbolic links; they appear as readonly.
1. Create a file foo.txt with some text.
2. Create a symbolic link 'link.txt' pointing at foo.txt (run as administrator): mklink link.txt .\foo.txt
3. Open link.txt in vim and verify that it shows the contents of foo.txt.
Bug 1: Notice that the file is flagged as read-only, even though it is not.
4. Make some changes and force-save the file with :w!
5. Exit vim and check the contents of the directory
Bug 2: The symbolic link has been removed and replaced with the edited contents of the file.
You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php