Gordon Bennett.. just found out that you can't
call DOS services which use the segment registers
(e.g. ES) from DPMI directly. You have to:
1) Create some 16-bit code to do the call
2) allocate low DOS memory
3) Copy said code into the low DOS memory
4) Copy desired params into more DOS memory
5) Call 16-routine via DPMI services
6) retrieve result
7) Free lumps of DOS memory previously allocated.
Phew! No wonder no-one's bothered yet. Boxer doesn't
have this trouble because it's 16-bit...
Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message are
not necessarily those of Application Solutions Ltd. Information in this
e-mail may be confidential and is for the use of the intended recipient
only, no mistake in transmission is intended to waive or compromise such
privilege. Please advise the sender if you receive this e-mail by mistake.