On 07/04/12 00:28, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 04/06/12 17:09, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> On 06/04/12 12:15, Tim Chase wrote:
>>> :help :cq
>>> though there are a few other notes if you do
>>> :helpgrep exit\_[- ]*\(code\|status\)
>> The seven results from this helpgrep command are all unrelated to the
>> exit code returned to the shell when exiting Vim itself.
> In my slightly less-than-current Vim (7.2), I get 11 hits, of which one
> lands on :cq and one lands on patch 6.1.376 (anomalous exit codes for
> --version and --help). The rough answer I gather is that "unless you
> quit with :cq or something dire happens, Vim after 6.1.376 should quit
> with an exit status of 0".
Yeah, that's also what I gather.
For some reason copy-pasting gave me a spurious space at the end of the
helpgrep command. Without the space I get eleven occurrences, as follows:
1) if_tcl.txt:429:49 about error codes returned from Tcl to Vim
2) os_win32.txt:143:60 Win32s external commands don't return an exit code
3) quickfix.txt:148:39-60 :cq returns a nonzero exit code (unlike :qa!)
4) usr_24.txt:211:6-13 in an example typed text for i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F
5) usr_24.txt:219:6-13 ditto
6) version6.txt:8920:62 about patch 6.1.376 (zeroing the exit code)
7) version6.txt:8922:24 ditto
8) version7.txt:3347:40 patch 7.0.047: fixing configure exit code
9) version7.txt:3348:24 ditto
10) vi_diff.txt:994:22 about vi test 310 from POSIX
11) vi_diff.txt:1007:66 about ex test 509 from POSIX
#3 is for :cq, #6/#7 is only relevant for Vim versions 6.1.375 and
earlier, #10 and #11 might be relevant (but unexplained) with $VIM_POSIX
set, the rest are irrelevant to the problem at hand.
#2-#3-#6-#7 were the ones I hadn't caught at first.
A unit of documentation. There are always three or more on a
given item. One is on the shelf; someone has the others. The
information you need in in the others.
-- Ray Simard
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php