Kenneth Beesley wrote:
> Background: I'm running OS X version 10.4.10
> I just installed the latest MacVim and tried it with a version of
> DejaVuSansMono.ttf, augmented
> with (monowidth) glyphs, the same width as the original
> DejaVuSansMono.ttf glyphs,
> for the Deseret Alphabet block (U+10400). It doesn't seem to work
> for me. When I select my
> Deseret Alphabet keymap and try to type Deseret Alphabet, I see
> pseudo glyphs in boxes
> rendered on the screen.
> Yesterday I downloaded, via svn, 7.1.135 and got it compiled and
> running on OS X.
> I also got 7.1.135 running on Red Hat Linux. These seem to work
> better, for my Deseret
> Alphabet editing, than MacVim, using the augmented version of
> Not perfect yet, but better.
> I see the keymap problem (involving digits on the left-hand-side of
> mappings) on both
> platforms with 7.1.135, and with MacVim. I'm confused to see your
> report that it works
> for you in the latest version of MacVim.
> When using MacVim, it complained about setting 'macatsui' in
> my .gvimrc file. It also complained
> about setting 'nomacatsui'. So I took out both for the tests.
> Would you consider sharing your
> .gvimrc file--perhaps there's something in there that makes it work
> better with MacVim.
The 'macatsui' option exists only in Mac GUI versions and "may become obsolete
in the future". Therefore, you should check for it before using it, e.g.:
(When the option is present, it defaults to TRUE according to ":help 'macatsui'".)
Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...
You received this message from the "vim_multibyte" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php