A tasty discussion group for vegetarians, vegans, those in transition, wannabees and all with a serious interest in vegetarian topics.
We offer great recipe ideas, tried and true, for the unusual and the familiar in vegetarian and vegan cuisine from around the world, and enjoy friendly vegetarian chat around our dining table. Our theme is 'hot and spicy', but other recipes are welcome. Please read on for some handy information before joining.
VEGETARIANS abstain from eating all animal flesh (meat, poultry, fish and their products such as stock, gelatin, lard, fish oils), but do not necessarily exclude dairy and/or eggs.
VEGANS abstain from eating animal flesh or products (as above) but also from eating dairy, eggs and (usually) honey. (Vegans also often avoid the use of such animal products as leather, fur, wool and silk.)
1. To avoid disappointment, prospective members should indicate their interest in vegetarianism, veganism and vegetarian topics when applying to join.
2. This is neither a weight-loss group nor a group for medical advice and/or specialized medical problems.
3. This is not the place for activist notices, petitions, etc., nor for discussion of politics and religion.
4. The usual warnings about offensive postings, advertising and all spam apply, with a special warning against postings that could be offensive to vegetarians or vegans, including discussion of preparing or eating animal flesh. Offenders will be firmly and promptly, albeit regretfully, shown the door.
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IS ENCOURAGED
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.