Transportation Communications Newsletter Thursday, April 1, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057 ________________________________ AVIATION 1) A Radical Cockpit UpgradeMessage 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010View Source
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, April 1, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) A Radical Cockpit Upgrade Southwest Fliers Will Feel
Link to column in The Wall Street Journal:
2) Air Safety Requires Worldwide Information Exchange: IATA
Link to AFP article:
3) Sensors Make Cities Smarter
In the not too distant future, cameras and sensors will empower officials to instantly monitor constantly changing dynamics.
Link to article in Governing:
4) Souped-Up Alert System Spreads the Word for US Coast Guard
Link to article in Government Computer News:
5) Nevada’s Financial Partners Hit Brakes on ‘Black Box’ to Track Vehicle Mileage
Link to article in the Las Vegas Sun:
6) Metrolink Train Crews Threaten Boycott Over Personality Test Requirement
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
7) Philadelphia Transit Riders Protest Gender ID on Passes
Link to article in the Philadelphia Daily News:
8) Los Angeles Metro Takes First Steps Towards Real-Time Bus Arrival Information System
Link to article in the Los Angeles County MTA’s The Source:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Sendza Selected for Massachusetts Ad-Driven Traffic Info 511 System
Link to article in Mass High Tech:
10) Singapore Traffic Info Platform Makes Driving a Breeze
Link to article from my paper:
11) iBiquity Says More Automakers to Offer HD Radio
Link to AP article:
Talking Freight Web Conference: Non-traditional Freight Data Sources – April 21
Today (and Tomorrow) in Transportation History
1960 **50th anniversary** The first weather satellite, TIROS-1, was launched.
2110 **-100th anniversary** Ray LaHood IV, kicked-off a campaign against distracted teleportation.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at i95berniew@....
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net