Transportation Communications Newsletter Thursday, October 1, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057 ________________________________ AVIATION 1) Cockpit Chatter Cited in SixMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009View Source
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, October 1, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Cockpit Chatter Cited in Six Crashes
Link to article in USA Today:
2) E-ZPass System Implemented on Ohio Turnpike
Link to article in the Daily Kent Stater:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) EU Launches Free Satellite System to Fine-Tune GPS
Link to Reuters article:
Link to news release from the EU:
4) Golden Pylon Awards Recognize Los Angeles-Area Traffic Reporters
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
5) ‘Slow Down’: The Message from Construction Flagger Protest in Vancouver, British Columbia
Link to story on CKWX Radio:
6) Albany, New York Police to Flash Defendants’ Names on Roadway Signs
Link to story and video on WRGB-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Government Seeks State Anti-Distracted Driving Laws
Link to AP article:
8) Obama Bars Fed Workers from Texting and Driving
Link to article in Computerworld:
9) Oregon Protects Communities From Deadly Chemical Weapons with Massive Wi-Fi Network
Link to article in Government Technology:
10) SEPTA Moves a Step Closer to ‘Smart Cards’
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
11) Google Testing Car Charging Software, Links to PowerMeter
Link to article on Seeking Alpha:
- Request for Response – Mass511 Traveler Information System – Massachusetts Highway Department
AAAE Airport/Seaport Cruise Ship Conference – December 7-9 – Miami
Today in Transportation History
1969 **40th anniversary** - The Concorde broke the sound-barrier for the first time.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-subscribe@...
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-unsubscribe@...
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast