Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, December 1, 2005 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) US DOT Inspector General Issues Audit of Oversight of Highway Rail Grade Crossing Accident Reporting, Investigations, and Safety Regulations
Link to report:
Link to statement from Federal Railroad Administrator Joseph Boardman:
2) Reinventing 911
How a swarm of networked citizens is building a better emergency broadcast system.
Link to story in Wired:
3) Nissan Launches Web Site to Increase Awareness of Technologies
Site also includes
UK traffic information and European route planning.
Link to story on Car Pages:
4) Kapsch Czech E-Toll Win Being Investigated
Link to story in The Prague Post:
5) SmarTrip Update
The status of a regional transit fare card in the Washington, DC-area.
Link to column in The Washington Examiner:
6) Lincolnite Talks at Star Wars Museum Exhibit
MIT professor appears in video about how technology can help manage transportation needs.
Link to story in the Lincoln Journal:
7) Sisters Getting a Grip on the I-Pass
Invent holder which allows transponder to be easily moved from vehicle to vehicle.
Link to story in the Lake Zurich Courier:
2) Motorola and PIPS Technology Expand License Plate Reader Technology
3) European Union and Ukraine Sign an Agreement on Galileo
4) New Bilingual Program Brings Traffic Safety to Hispanic Community in Westchester County , New York
APTA Marketing and Communications Workshop February 19-22 Phoenix
Today in Transportation
1955 *50th Anniversary* - Rosa Parks refuses to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery , Alabama .
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription please send an e-mail message to:
To unsubscribe please send a message to:
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast, at i95berniew@...
© 2005 Bernie Wagenblast
Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less