1) Minnesota DOT Launches New Traveler Information
Link to news release from the Minnesota Department of
2) Toronto's Pearson Airport To Ban Cell Phone Service
Link to article from the Canadian Press via CANOE:
Link to news release from the Greater Toronto Airports
3) Communicating Highway Safety: What
Link to document from the Center for Transportation Research and
Education at Iowa State University:
4) ITS/Public Safety/Telecommunications Web Survey
Results of a recent Web survey, covering issues such as
interagency coordination and wireless communications, are
Link to document through Public Technology, Inc.
5) Security Communication Lapses
Air cargo-related groups concerned about poor communications
with Transportation Security Administration.
Link to article in Air Cargo World:
6) US And Canada Are Working Together To Secure
Link to article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Progress Report on the Smart Border Declaration:
Link to related news release from the Office of the Deputy Prime
7) Fact Sheet: Cooperative G8 Action On Transport
Link to document from the White House:
8) Bus Cameras Capture Fatal Crash
Newly installed digital camera on bus captures moments leading
to deadly accident.
Link to story from KGW-TV (Portland, Oregon):
9) FAA Awards Modernization Deal
Link to story in Federal Computer Week:
Link to news release from Lockheed Martin:
10) New Highway Signs To Guide Tourist Traffic In
Link to article in The Tennessean (Nashville,
11) Life's Work Is Traffic Safety Devices
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun (Baltimore,
12) Emergency Landing At Sea-Tac Airport May Have
Resulted From Cell Phone Interference
13) Don't Look Now!
You're likely a gawker -- just like everyone else.
Link to Knight Ridder News Service story via The Miami
Herald (Miami, Florida):
14) FAA Announces Automatic Dependent
Technology that enables applications that allow both pilots and
controllers to have a common picture of airspace and traffic.
Link to news release from the Federal Aviation
15) Colorado's Transportation Technology Center
Emergency Preparedness Training Program Seeks Federal Recognition
Link to article in The Pueblo Chieftain (Pueblo,
Web Site of the Day: