Are you an avid reader of HP fan fic? Love to leave comments for the writers? Want to win a pretty prize for your efforts?
Then the TPP Review-A-Thon is for you.
Come join us at The Petulant Poetess this May and have fun! The member who leaves the most reviews in the month of May will win a mystery prize!
The Pesky Rules:
1. The challenge begins at 12:00 am MDT on 1 May 2013 and ends at 11:59 pm MDT on 31 May 2013. Any review posted outside of this time frame will not count towards your total.
2. Only stories that were posted between 1 January 2012 and 31 May 2013 on The Petulant Poetess Archive are eligible for this challenge.
3. Chapters of WIPs are eligible if they were posted within the period above regardless of when the WIP was started, but reviews for older chapters won't count.
4. A review must consist of at least one complete sentence.
5. Squee is always welcome, but the minimum requirement is to keep the review civil in tone.
6. Concrit is a tricky thing, especially if unsolicited if in doubt, don't.
7. No flaming, no personal attacks on authors.
1. How do I know when a chapter was posted?
In order to find out when a chapter was posted go to the fic's main page (not the author's page or a specific chapter page). There you will find a list of all the chapters, which includes a `Date Added' section in the bottom right hand corner of each chapter description. If the date listed there falls between 1 January 2012 and 31 May, 2013, then the chapter is a eligible.
2. How do I know if my review is long enough?
We are looking for reviews that have at least one complete sentence. Feel free to ask questions, make comments, offer encouragement, and even use all the emoticons and exclamations that you please. However, what we do NOT want to see is one or two word reviews that do nothing to show the writer how much we, the readers of TPP, appreciate their gifts of wordy-wonderfulness. See examples below:
Example of a review that counts: Wow! What an amazing chapter. I didn't see that coming. I can't wait to read the next one and find out what happens! Cheers! :)
Example of a review that doesn't count: <3 <3 Amazing <3 <3
3. Do I have to submit a list of links for all my reviews?
NOPE. We just want you to focus on writing those lovely reviews! We will do all the review tallying. You don't have to do a thing other than review, review, review!
4. How will the winner be calculated?
All eligible reviews will be counted and entered into a spreadsheet. At the end of the challenge, there will be a final review tally and the winner will be announced. The final tally will be verified by an external observer, who is not an admin of TPP.
5. What happens if there is a tie for the most reviews?
We doubt this will happen; however, if it does we will be happy to offer for a mystery prize for each winner.
6. When will the winner be announced?
The winner will be announced Saturday, 15 June 2013.
Disclaimer: All decisions of the TPP Challenge Admins are final. No arguing, no whining. Any questions or concerns in regards to the running of this challenge or the final result can be directed to the TPP Challenges Admins at <tppchallenges at gmail dot com> or to morethansirius (who has graciously agreed to act as an external observer for this challenge. Thank you, dear!).