The "theory-edge" list is for informal, collegial discussion
of the latest research advances, and especially newsworthy
cutting-edge or breakthrough developments, that overlap
algorithmics, mathematics, and their applications.
It focuses on the white-hot intersections of
state-of-the-art theory and cutting-edge technology:
the leading frontier of theory hitting reality.
Areas of particular interest are:
- new & creative applications and realms of/for algorithms &
(software, modelling, simulation, nonlinear science, bioinformatics,
robotics, cyberspace, biology, economics, physics, ...)
- physical computing models (quantum computing, optics, circuits, DNA,
supercomputers, nanotechnology, biochips, ...)
- AI (function approximation, machine learning, genetic algorithms,
- algorithmic complexity theory & applications (algorithms, P vs. NP,
undecidability, theorem proving, ...)
- secondary, social, cultural, political, economic etc. implications & ramifications
of all the above
Discussion is as nontechnical as possible and focuses on interesting
and unexpected connections across seemingly disparate fields.
Emphasis is on an atmosphere of collaboration,
interdisciplinary insight, and spurring a fusion of subscriber's
knowledge that may even contribute to attacking and conquering the
Posting personal introductions, article summaries, paper
abstracts, and URL pointers is all highly encouraged. Short essays and
summaries of other's
points are preferred to short responses
and message-quoting. The
moderator is responsible for guiding the discussion, and complaints
about the contents of the list should never be posted but
instead be forwarded to the moderator who will collect, validate, and
Vladimir Z. Nuri, Founder/Moderator
- New Members
- New Messages
- New Photos
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.