" Mr. Gary S. Dykes wrote:
> I just posted my view on the long ending of Mark, should anyone be
interested. It is not the typical view, but I sincerely believe it to
be valid. >
It's Why I Believe People Don't Accept The Long Ending of Mark.
I can't remember where I first heard this, but one reason may be
syllogised as follows:
1. The Church in Egypt was established by Mark
2. Other Churches were established by known Apostles
3. If Mark could be proved not to be an Apostle, this would reduce
the status of the Egyptian Church.
1. the LE gives marks of apostleship
2. the Egyptian Church lacked these marks ('signs following')
3. the Egyptian Church therefore deleted the LE to avoid #3 above