Classic SIJO is a 3-line, 45-syllable lyric verse with a long Korean history. It resembles such Japanese forms as haiku, sedoka and tanka in content, themes, and purpose, but it is more open to the use of metaphoric language and the expression of emotion, especially in the final line. This workshop encourages the writing, discussion and translation of traditional sijo in English.
In last 7 days
- New Members
- New Message
- New Photos
Entertainment & Arts/Humanities/Books and Writing/Genres/Poetry/Haiku
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.