You are correct. This is not rocket science. I have read through the
syllabus, though I remember receiving it after the first of the year.
The challenges are as follows here in No. VA:
1) We have to find time in the District Calendar to fit an additional
training course in.
2) We have to find staff and other resources for the event and give
them time to get up to speed, at the same time we are doing the same to
implement the New Training Kit.
3) Not all Districts or Council Staff are as current as I am on what is
going on with training as I am.
4) We still just received the blessing from the Council Training
Committee to conduct our first course as soon as we are comfortable.
5) Some people are afraid of change and need to be coaxed into
Yours in Scouting,
Ken Todd Training Chairman
Aquia Dist, NCAC
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:00:29 -0400
From: Dave Loomis <dloomis@...
Subject: Re: Re: BALOO Training Required for Tour Permits?
Come on folks, this isn't Rocket Science, the BALOO Training
has been available for at least 6 months so far. The same applies to
the Committee training and the Outdoor Leader Essentials.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/