... From: IAAPA Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM Subject: IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 Ambassador Program [image: It s All Here.Apr 26, 2010 1 of 1View Source---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IAAPA <iaapatradeshows@...>
Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Subject: IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 Ambassador Program
The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is looking for students studying event management, journalism, marketing, hospitality/tourism, engineering, or a related field to be interns at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 in Orlando, Florida, Nov. 15-19. In exchange for a valuable learning opportunity—including a behind-the-scenes tour of the Orange County Convention Center—participants must provide energy, initiative, and a strong customer-focused attitude to improve guest service for all IAAPA Attractions Expo attendees. This exciting opportunity will feature a structured learning program, scheduled work hours (approximately 10 hours per day), and a ticket to one of the largest trade shows in the world.
The IAAPA Ambassador Program gives students an insider’s experience of the premier amusement and attractions association trade show and conference. By its nature, an intern program balances the work needs of the employer and the educational needs of the students. The IAAPA Ambassador Program satisfies these requirements by providing specific, scheduled learning opportunities throughout the week.
The elements of the program are as follows:
- Event Management - Work with the association’s expo management team and on-site vendors to oversee a range of special events at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010.
- Education Program - Support IAAPA’s education staff while conducting the on-site logistics for seminars, workshops, and off-site tours. In addition, each ambassador will attend a specific list of seminars.
- Trade Show Support - Work with the expo management team, floor managers, and vendors in support of trade show logistics, particularly while the trade show floor is open from Nov. 16-19.
- Behind-the-Scenes Learning - See how IAAPA's trade show vendors put together a Top 40 event (as rated by Tradeshow Week's listing of the top trade shows in North America), how the Orange County Convention Center manages more than 2,000,000 gross square feet of exhibit space, and how the IAAPA staff comes together to produce the largest event in the amusement and attractions industry.
- Social Program - Experience unique opportunities to network with peers in the industry, make contact with facility operators, and interact with one of the premier trade show management teams in the industry.
Applicants must be mature, responsible self-starters with excellent customer service skills. Good communication skills, flexibility, enthusiasm, and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks are required. Multilingual skills or previous convention experience is a plus. Successful applicants must be on site in Orlando by Friday, Nov. 12, 2010. The training, orientation session, and convention center tour will begin on the morning of Saturday, Nov. 13, including distribution of individual work assignments and schedules. Ambassadors’ duties conclude on the evening of Friday, Nov. 19.
- An unforgettable experience
- World-class training
- Limited housing assistance
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Networking opportunities
Successful applicants will offer:
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Hard work and dedication throughout this event
- Professional appearance and "can do" attitude
- Great customer service
- Transportation to and from the Expo site (Orlando, Florida)
Applicants must complete the online program application, available for download by clicking here. Spring application deadline is Wednesday, May 21, 2010. Fall application deadline is Friday, Sept. 10, 2010. For additional questions about the program, please e-mail ambassador@....
Once applicants have been accepted and notified, pre-event training will begin in late September via e-mail, Facebook, or other electronic media.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity,
IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010
You can find information on our other two shows at www.IAAPA.org